Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Which cloth nappy for 14 month old?

(8 Posts)
crimplene Fri 27-Jul-07 14:09:45

OK I've run out of enthusiasm for the Disana tie-ons as I'm now the only person who's willing to change them and it's getting to be more of an ordeal each time (too much wriggling, very tricky nappy). Terries work fine at night but too bulky for daytime as we get clothes secondhand and not much fits over a terry.

DS doesn't wet much and we've never had problems with leaking, DS is generally slim (small waist) but blessed/ cursed with the family huge bum and thighs which only makes the bulk problems worse. We dry then outdoors or inside over the banisters and use home-made fleece liners and ME airflow wraps.

Can anyone tell me if there's a nappy out there that will make changing a easier and still get dry and fit under clothes?

CarGirl Fri 27-Jul-07 14:10:51

bambinex size 2 (aka wambamboo/bambineo)very slim fit but do have long drying time

lailasmum Fri 27-Jul-07 14:13:37

Fuzzi Bunz work well on a toddler. They are really slim and quick to change as you only have the one layer to put on baby when they are stuffed. They also dry really quickly. They are pretty adjustable on the sizing front as the waist and leg is independently adjustable. He would probably go into the Medium or petite toddler size. If he is a heavy wetter you can put an extra insert in the pocket.

nappyzone Fri 27-Jul-07 15:50:40

pockets - fuzzis are aboutthe slimmest with happy heinys and bumgenius close by. depends on your budget - peapods are fairly slim too. bambinex are slim but yes drying time longer and if your one is wriggly sticking on two pieces would be harder than a one piece on like a pocket that still seperates into 2 for easier drying - i have lots on my site, feel free to browse...

crimplene Fri 27-Jul-07 17:44:30

Thanks! I was hoping to stick with the Airflow wraps over hte top as we like them and budget is an issue - plus it's not so much of a big deal chasing DS round the room once the inner nappy is fixed and going to contain anything meanwhile. Will look into your suggestions.

crimplene Fri 27-Jul-07 18:09:04

I've had a look now - one site I looked at said 2 days drying for the bambinex on an indoor rack and that's too long - we'd never get our clothes dry as well. Any more suggestions please?

weasle Fri 27-Jul-07 20:19:43

Nipper Bumbles are quite cheap and great on my chunky 16month old. I use with airflow wraps. Drying time not too bad (much quicker than our bamboo ones).
You might be able to get some 2nd hand on nappy lady classified?

We found fuzzis leaked lots Shame as great nappy if it works for your baby.

FlameParakeet Fri 27-Jul-07 23:28:55

Bambinex are no good for quick drying.

For slimmer fitting but decent drying I agree with bumbles - I looove bumbles - they seem to have stretchier elastic!

Fuzzis are great, but don't suit everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now