Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

trousers for cloth nappies

(13 Posts)
throgmorton Mon 23-Jul-07 18:53:26

Helllpppp
My 8.5mo ds is wearing 12-18month trousers and they still dont fit i cant get them over his chunky thighs/bum/nappies

where can i get clothes (bodysuits and trousers) which will go over his bum? they're all really narrow in the hips. Also he is very tall and fat!

I've tried cut4cloth and fainted at the prices... is there an alternative?

bagpuss Mon 23-Jul-07 19:05:43

For vests I use the ones without poppers but with an envelope neck still. Mothercare and John Lewis stock them. For trousers I find M&S are the best (particularly their £4 jeans!). You will find as your ds grows and slims down a bit that the nappy bulk becomes less of an issue. HTH.

weasle Mon 23-Jul-07 19:37:27

I agree with the 'T-shirt' style vests from John Lewis with no poppers.

Loose 'jogging bottom' trousers good. Now it's (supposed to be) summer, I have bought quite a few pairs of cheap 2-3yrs shorts in stretchy material that fit like 3/4 length trousers on my chunky 16month old. Jeans a disaster for us, but he'll have plenty of years to wear those when out of nappies. You need to train you eye to size up trousers when shopping and reject narrow cuts.

Have 1 pair of cut4cloth trs and they are wonderful, but agree pricey. £2-4 joggers from asda or h&m make up for the occasional extravagance.

See also previous thread

accessorizewithbabysick Mon 23-Jul-07 19:40:53

Next do some great jogger style trousers (but the baggy style leg, not the straight cut). They've always got some in the catalogue, cheap too! I bought some really cute ones in primark recently too - £2 for 2!

I was thinking of buying a pair of the cut4cloth navy drawstring trousers as a special treat as ds2 lives in his brother's handmedowns!

danceswithbaby Mon 23-Jul-07 21:13:36

I just got some c4c drawstring trousers from a place called honckelbaby.com. They were £8.50 as opposed to c4c's £10 and was free postage, so I thought it was pretty good.

I usually get the next size up and turn the legs up. Then dd gets so much wear out of them that they actually wear out instead of being outgrown.

accessorizewithbabysick Mon 23-Jul-07 21:48:47

thanks for the tip, dances, will buy some now!

FlameDelacour Mon 23-Jul-07 21:51:17

I always like H&M trousers over cloth.

NineUnlikelyTales Mon 23-Jul-07 21:52:38

Also try ebay and NCT sales.

NineUnlikelyTales Mon 23-Jul-07 21:52:58

(For second hand C4C etc, that is)

accessorizewithbabysick Mon 23-Jul-07 21:54:09

I so wish they had H&M in my town, I bought some stuff whilst on holiday (tho couldnt find any trousers I liked) and it's fab!

Flame, btw, did I thank you for the kiwi lite? I think it arrived just before I went on holiday, but I had it on ds2 this morning and I wondered whether I'd emailed you, I lost track with all the stuff I'd bought that month....If I didn't, thank you

FlameDelacour Mon 23-Jul-07 21:56:46

Are you one of the many people I didn't email instructions to?

I am reeeeeeeeeeally sorry if so - I am useless!!! I take it you sussed it out?

throgmorton Wed 25-Jul-07 10:59:31

thans so much everyone, particulalry for the h&m and old thread tip!!

ooh, whats kiwilite [interested] sounds like a diet yoghurt

FlameDelacour Wed 25-Jul-07 11:06:44

Quick Flip Light

They are nice n slim, dry very very fast (if you get 2 inners to one outer - the inners take a lot longer to dry, so its worth it to be able to use it faster iyswim)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now