Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Plastic pants

(6 Posts)
Dodaday Sun 22-Jul-07 12:18:34

What's the best way to wash plastic pants/ waterproof wraps? I normally bung them in with the nappy wash, which seems ok, but my mil says it will shorten their life, and that hand washing them in warm soapy water is best, which seems a pain?

TranquilaManana Sun 22-Jul-07 12:20:54

how long are you goinng to need them though? id think theyd last long enough to get him/her through the plastic pants stage.

Dodaday Sun 22-Jul-07 12:36:57

Yes, you're absolutely right. I don't know why I'm worrying. I've just been on the Boots website, and you can buy 5 large size machine washable plastic pants to go over terry nappies for the amazingly cheap price of £1.49! The funny thing is that 5 of the small size cost £2.99, which does'nt make sense. Anyway, at that price it does'nt matter if they only last a few weeks or months

TranquilaManana Mon 23-Jul-07 11:07:01

toastee Wed 25-Jul-07 18:21:33

I use plastic pants on my 4yr old and hand wash them, its a chore but only a 2 minute job :-)

I did begin to wonder if i was the only mum still using them !!

Dodaday Mon 30-Jul-07 15:52:33

What sort of plastic pants do you find are the best?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now