Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What are your fav potty training pants?

(12 Posts)
pesto1 Thu 19-Jul-07 14:42:56

Just about to start potty training my daugher.... what do you think are the best potty training pants avaliable?

thanks

IdrisTheDragon Thu 19-Jul-07 14:44:57

With DD I used some basic ones from Mothercare and also some brightbots ones. But tbh she moved into pants very soon and I sold the training pants .

spacegrantham Thu 19-Jul-07 16:07:11

we decided to go straight into pants cause ds was already pottytrained at home due to part time ec'ing

we had about 6 wet pants the first day and by the end of the week only one wet one a day

Kim

makesachange Fri 20-Jul-07 11:00:58

I always liked the mother-ease ones. They're comfy and soft and kids seem to like the patterns.

I'm going to bring them out again soon to do overnight training.

I didn't want to do the intensive training business so I let it go on for longer where he got used to the idea of using the toilet first, then realised he had to hold on for it later! Therefore pull ups were useful because I could take him to the loo and pull them down (much easier than a nappy) yet if I didn't take him often enough it didn't matter.

After a few weeks he went into pants and all was pretty good.

WigWamBam Fri 20-Jul-07 11:04:55

Ordinary knickers worked best with dd - someone lent us some Boots reusable training pants, but they confused her because they felt too much like nappies.

She was completely ready though, and was dry right from the start.

makesachange Fri 20-Jul-07 11:06:35

Yes, the confusion issue is a problem. That's why when we had cracked what the toilet was for we went into pants. Worked well, but I liked having the trainers for the middle bit.

Also when we go for night time it just means that he can cope with them himself (assuming he makes it to the loo) and if he doesn't (make it) then it's only a change of pants, and may PJs rather than a full bed strip.

FlameDelacour Fri 20-Jul-07 11:14:34

We were in disp pull ups for DD, a total nightmare.

I might just do pants this time round.

Not that he is coming out of nappies ever... I need to test new fluff on him

furrycat Fri 20-Jul-07 11:23:15

er...what ARE training pants? Just using disposbale pull-ups for ds1 at the mo as we are in early days of potty training...is that all horribly wrong?

FlameDelacour Fri 20-Jul-07 11:30:56

Cloth ones - they catch the wee, but still feel wet.

bobsmum Fri 20-Jul-07 11:34:43

I like Bumpy training pants. Got them from Green Baby. They look and feel like cotton pants but could hold one wet accident. Fab and really cute.

Used them on ds, hopefully going to start with dd soon, so well worth the money

bobsmum Fri 20-Jul-07 11:37:19

http://www.naturebotts.co.uk/shop/trainingpants/bumpytrainerpants/index.htm

Can't find them on Green Baby anymore, but Naturebotts do them and they are great.

BabiesEverywhere Sun 22-Jul-07 09:23:42

We are using a combination of Bright Bot Trainer Pants which hold one wee and real underwear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now