Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

18 month old boy gets it out and wees everywhere, help!

(11 Posts)
Difers Wed 18-Jul-07 18:58:49

Hello, my 18 month old boy reaches into his nappy (or any nappy) and wees everywhere. I've tried sitting him on a potty but he never sits on anything and just throws the potty about. I can sometimes catch the wee with the potty if near. He's holding his penis and not weeing aswell so difficult to tell what's going on and he doesn't really have the words to say if he wants a wee as yet. I need help and strategies please. Any advice welcome. Thanks.

suezee Wed 18-Jul-07 19:00:44

my ds is doing the exact same thing and at the moment he thinks its really funny if i tell him off for whapping his nappy off........the only thing im doing at the moment is keeping a popper vest on him so he cant take his nappy off.........the potty is going to have to wait

Difers Wed 18-Jul-07 20:37:41

Good Idea but I don't own any popper vests and live 25 miles from the nearest decent shops, mind you I could order online, but ds hates popper vests....it's probably the only way isn't it....thanks!!

Any other suggestions????

suezee Wed 18-Jul-07 20:39:47

jst order some off a baby site or even have a look on ebay, you dont need to pay a fortune, i get mine from asda or tescos 5 quid for a pack of 7

Difers Wed 18-Jul-07 21:13:52

Ha Ha, that will stop the little ferret

BTW, the nearest Tescos and ASDA are 25 miles away when I said decent I should have just said shops! Oh to be able to pop out and get something quickly...I do like to look first!

suezee Wed 18-Jul-07 21:16:52

my god do u live on a remote part of the world???????lol,well why dont u put his nappy on back to front for the time being he'll be mystified if u do that.

Difers Wed 18-Jul-07 21:36:13

Blimey, you are slealth mum!

suezee Thu 19-Jul-07 11:27:55

dont miss a trick me

vikki75 Thu 19-Jul-07 11:37:34

My DS is 22 months and takes his nappy off constantly. I have had him in a poppered vest, back to front nappy and wrap and pair of undies under his zip up sleepsuit and pair of pjs and i have STILL found him without it in the morning lol.

He does know when he has a wee in his nappy as he tells me but again he wont sit on the potty.

Briging out the parcel tape next tape lol

Vikki xx

spacegrantham Thu 19-Jul-07 16:15:58

let him wee in the sink , garden , bath , big boys toilet

ds although usually sits on his potty loves to wee in obscure places , my washing bucket , his plastic basket , play tea cups, teapot, milk jug.

Even if he will wee into a cup for you go for it

My friends little boy has decided he wants to wee in a bowl.

Kim

Difers Thu 19-Jul-07 20:45:00

What about the carpet?? That's his favourite??? Good idea though, I will get a andy wee bowl!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: