Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

bottom wiping at pre-school

(5 Posts)
penguinmum Wed 18-Jul-07 11:15:19

My DD is due to start pre-school in October. Am in process of potty training her now, so hope she will be dry by then. They have told me that they prefer their kids to go in pull ups in case of accidents and also that they are not allowed to wipe bottoms, they expect DD to do this herself. While training is going quite well (touch wood ) I don't expect her to be able to clean herself properly at 2 and half. Does anyone else have this experience with their pre-school?

sandyballs Wed 18-Jul-07 11:19:52

That sounds wrong to me. My dd is 6 and still has problems wiping her own bum, she certainly could not do it at 2.5. She did go to nursery then, in pants, and the staff wiped her bum for her.

witchandchips Wed 18-Jul-07 11:24:05

This sounds really wrong to me. Have you asked why they can't wipe bottoms?

WigWamBam Wed 18-Jul-07 11:24:31

It would be a rare two year old who could wipe her own bottom; usually they can't even reach, let alone wipe.

I would also be unhappy to send a potty-trained child to pre-school in pull-ups just because the staff preferred it - many children are confused by pull-ups because they feel like a nappy, and so they use them like a nappy rather than going to the toilet.

penguinmum Wed 18-Jul-07 11:29:56

I am trying to avoid pull ups and would be really reluctant to send her in them. will ask them re bottom wiping. Apparently they can change nappies if child not potty trained - surely they must wipe then?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now