Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

my ds won't stand up or even touch his willy for a wee

(7 Posts)
donzernimes Tue 17-Jul-07 14:45:22

Hi
My ds is 5 and sits down to go for a wee. he does this because he cannot bear to touch his willy to aim it and thus wees everywhere when he stands up. Whereas nmost boys play with their bits, he physically recoils from his, will not touch it at all and just dabs at it with a falnnel in the bath like it feels horrible. A while back he had a urinary infection and I took him to the drs and mentioned it and she said his foreskin was fine - not too tight - but he was a bit red under his foreskin so gave me some cream which i had to apply. He would writhe around when i applied the cream almost like he couldn't bear the sensation... I know it all sounds strange but i would love to hear about anyone who has gone through the same thing as most people have the other problem of their ds not leaving their bits alone!

Speccy Tue 17-Jul-07 14:46:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

donzernimes Tue 17-Jul-07 16:33:22

Yeah - the sitting down thing doesn't really bother me but I worry about this fear of his willy issue incase he has some deep rooted pyschological issue... do you think I'm just being neurotic?

KITTENSOCKS Tue 17-Jul-07 17:03:38

Does his willy still feel sore, and/or does it hurt him to wee? His previous infection might have come back. Might explain why he won't touch it and won't tell you in case you put more cream on (which might have stung itself when you applied it!)
If not, he may be afraid to touch it in case it starts to hurt again (like us post-natally when we have to try to have intercourse again and are afraid it will hurt)
Let him continue to sit to wee, i suspect peer pressure to stand will encourage him to stand eventually. Good luck!

fingerwoman Tue 17-Jul-07 17:06:58

don't have any advice but just wanted to say that I have the opposite problem. my ds insists on poking/holding his willy whilst weeing, which also results on wee flying all over the place- so it isn't necessarily a good thing lol
I'd let him do what he is happy with, don't make an issue oiut of it

donzernimes Tue 17-Jul-07 18:17:54

thanks for the advice - i don't think it's an infection any sort as he has never liked to touch it - from birth - and he treats it like it's an alien part of his body - he also doesn't like the feel of it in his pjs without underpants on. Maybe it is hypersensitive???

KITTENSOCKS Tue 17-Jul-07 18:53:30

Back to the Dr or maybe a health visitor, and see what they recommend. You'd never forgive yourself if something easily sorted went undiagnosed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now