Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Lanolising advice

(7 Posts)
pamplemousse Mon 16-Jul-07 15:50:32

Hi just lanolised (is this the correct term?!) my Woollywraps and some other outers I have and was just wondering - is it the messiest thing ever?!
The guidelines say to use 25ml lanolin per 100g dry weight nappy, so 3 nappies plus 2 woolly wraps is 400g so used 100ml lanolin. It seems like loads and it doesn't all dissolve and little flecky bits float round, the bucket is nearly impossible to clean afterwards and the nappies seem sticky...
Whats wrong? Or is this normal and I'm making a bit of a fuss.... help!!

LizaRose Mon 16-Jul-07 16:21:39

Sounds like you used too much lanolin. Is it pure lanolin or wool cure? These are the instructions I got with my woolywrap.

FlameDelacour Mon 16-Jul-07 17:22:55

Yup, too much lanolin

They'll be ok, after the first wearing they stop being sticky (and baby gets very soft legs), and they will be ultra waterproofed!

pamplemousse Mon 16-Jul-07 19:56:34

2 - 3 tbs in 2 pints......... oops!!! I wonder why my instructions say 25ml for 200ml and per 100g dry nappy? It did seem like a lot!
Is it OK to have a waterproof baby? I mean it won't seal all her pores or anything?!
The other outers are very old, they are called wunderpants, german, anyone heard of them?

nappyzone Mon 16-Jul-07 20:09:02

oh and that is so the thing i would do - which is why im still scared of wool! Waterproof baby - cool!

FlameDelacour Mon 16-Jul-07 20:29:34

Nah, its just like a really nice moisturiser!

pamplemousse Mon 16-Jul-07 20:31:19

Ha ha what an idiot eh?! Thank for help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now