Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

THE TROTS

(10 Posts)
nappyzone Mon 16-Jul-07 09:22:32

My 8 month ds appears to have the trots, at first they were mucousy but now seem thicker but its about 5 a day - anyone any tips...., should i just continue with his normal diet or does anyone have a tip - when my dd has it we do the brat thing - banana, rice, apple and toast - ok for my ds or not? It must be a bug as im a bit the same too but obv i can pop a few imodium and / or starve myself. He is so whiney - poor mite. Been like it since friday but eating and drinking normally just moaning - suspect teeth iminent also so im in for a rough couple of days

MaccaMacca Mon 16-Jul-07 09:26:42

teething?

and the "rough couple of days"

may turn into months ....

nappyzone Mon 16-Jul-07 09:30:11

i think a bug as im 31 so cannot be teething! - months - nah be positive lol!

MaccaMacca Mon 16-Jul-07 09:34:28

Oh sorry I misunderstood I thought you meant your 8 month ds had trots and may be teething, I missed the bit about you also feeling unwell.

As for saying may turn into months.....teethinhg is (very obvuiously) long process.

Lets hope its just a 24 some-thing for you both

MaccaMacca Mon 16-Jul-07 09:54:17

I should call your HV if you are concerned about his diet whilst he has the trots.

slinkyjo Mon 16-Jul-07 10:00:25

there is some nasty bugs about but remember when my ds had the trots at that age he had them for over a month ended up having to do a stool sample yuk turned out he just had a virus and just had to wait for it to pass

MellowMaccaMellowma Mon 16-Jul-07 10:10:19

plenty of fluids [obviously]

you and ds

nappyzone Mon 16-Jul-07 10:23:26

yes i recall my dd having them and despite going to gp on day 5,10 and 20 it was just a case of riding it out but she was a toot older. Hes having a good sleep now. Will give HV a buzz as hes supposed to behaving a deelopment check today anyway which wont happen....

nappyzone Mon 16-Jul-07 10:30:53

oops it was at 9.15 anyway but clearly missed that - bland diet,

MellowMaccaMellow Mon 16-Jul-07 11:01:25

lol at missing appointments...

Hope you both feel bit better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now