Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Mothercare flat shaped terry nappies

(7 Posts)
vikki75 Sun 15-Jul-07 09:01:36

Was going to sell these as I have about 30 unused but was just wondering if anyone has used them and if so are they any good for newborns?? I have some bamboo boosters so was thinking about maybe using them to boost the mothercare ones.

Any information would be great thanks

moljam Sun 15-Jul-07 09:08:45

i used them and thought they were excellant introduction to cloth nappies.easy to use with nappi nippa and wrap.i found i didnt really need to boost them in day.at night i used tots boosters or folded nappy.easy to wash and dry quickly.

vikki75 Sun 15-Jul-07 09:53:54

Thanks thats what i was thinking as i have bamboozles/bimbles and the mothercare ones.
Did you not find that they leaked as they dont seem very absorbant?

gringottsgoblin Sun 15-Jul-07 09:56:45

i use them with 4.5m ds. i cut up some terry squares to make boosters, usually put in 2 layers of terry and 1 fleece liner, not leaked yet (but only been using about 2 weeks!). i have a couple of bamboozles for night but prefer the terries for daytime as i dont like the very bulky nappies under clothes

moljam Sun 15-Jul-07 10:03:23

no we had no problems with leaks.these were actually my favorite nappies.and i was upset when ds outgrew them!

vikki75 Sun 15-Jul-07 10:10:24

Sounds like I will be keeping them then hehe.
I like the fact that they are so slim but that was also making me a bit worried about how well they would absorb.
I have some prefolds and some tots boosters would these work ok in them?

Ariela Mon 16-Jul-07 12:33:56

Yes they'd be great to add absorbency in them. We also sewed 2 together by overlapping the points to make a big shaped nappy that was thicker between the legs, that worked well too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now