Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

HELP! really smelly wee and cloth nappies

(6 Posts)
jetjets Wed 11-Jul-07 16:09:39

Message withdrawn

suezee Wed 11-Jul-07 16:14:25

try getting washing liquid,then u can soak them in that,u couls even put a dab of fabric conditioner in also......wee tends to smell stronger when theyre teething

Sazisi Wed 11-Jul-07 17:19:29

Try soaking a cotton bud in tea tree oil and tape to the lid of your nappy bin. you could use lavender oil, although I think it's not quite as strong

I keep my nappy bucket out the back; is that an option?

lljkk Wed 11-Jul-07 17:33:37

I chuck wet-only nappies straight in the machine and keep the door shut; they get filtered thru with the ordinary washing.

Doesn't help with poo-ey ones, I realise, but does lower the number of smelly items. The poo-ey ones need washing at 60 anyway, and can be filtered thru with bedding or anything sicked up on.

Another idea: Keep the nappy bucket in a cold room, instead.

lailasmum Wed 11-Jul-07 17:35:50

Few drops of Tea Tree oil in the bottom of your buckets. Add a few drops more part way through the bucket. I am sure this will pass, may be something he is eating is disagreeing with him slightly. I do remember this occasionally with my daughter. Don't use fabric softener you will have to prewash all your nappies again as its water repellent oil. If you can find them in the UK you can buy strongly scented small discs called pail pals or alternatively pail powder they usually smell of things like orange and are very strong. The are normally only available in the USA but it may be worth ordering the pail pals from there as they are not very big and I wouldn't have thought very heavy to post.

jetjets Wed 11-Jul-07 18:07:12

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now