Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

right..... cloth nappy experts i need your advice please!

(21 Posts)
myjobismum Wed 11-Jul-07 14:40:41

Have been on the nappy lady site and found a good price for some size 1 nappies (will get around to having another baby at some point )

So they have arrived, and there is 5 diddy diapers(nippa) and 9 tots size 1 (aplix) looking at the nappies, i am thinking the aplix is going to be a PITA with a newborn as makes folding, adjusting size and wrapping up really tight almost impossible - where as they diddy's look like they will fit from the size of a flea!

so here is my question...... would the nappies be ok if i unstitched and removed the aplix - and would i be mad to do this in the first place?

thanks

myjobismum Wed 11-Jul-07 15:15:27

bump??

ShrinkingViolet Wed 11-Jul-07 15:16:20

can you not return them and swap for some nippa ones? I'd've thought the aplix was pretty well stitched on.

myjobismum Wed 11-Jul-07 15:18:58

thanks shrinking - but cant change them as bought them from classified, bot new!

has anyone ever just removed the aplix - i dont really care if its a task and a half to remove it - just so long as the nappies will be fine afterwards!

maveta Wed 11-Jul-07 15:39:00

surely you would be fine to do that, can you unstitch a wee corner and see how it´s coming off?

myjobismum Wed 11-Jul-07 15:44:44

i think that is the best plan thankyou! i have 9 in different colours and varying conditions, so will pick the least liked one (if there be such a thing!) and have a go with that one - if it turns out ok then full steam ahead with the rest i think - if not then i will have one slightly dodgy nippa nappy!!! lol

FlameDelacour Wed 11-Jul-07 17:27:37

I plan to try un-aplixing the new bambineo teddy when it comes tomorrow - can let you know how that gets on if you'd like?

myjobismum Wed 11-Jul-07 20:50:18

that would be great - thank you flame!

curlywurlycremeegg Thu 12-Jul-07 03:30:59

tots make their nappies in turkey and send the back to the uk to have the aplix added, therefore it shouldn't be a problem to just remove the aplix on them as it's just an extra stage in the manufacturing process

myjobismum Thu 12-Jul-07 09:31:07

thanks for the info curly

lailasmum Thu 12-Jul-07 09:37:10

They will be fine. Keep the aplix incase you decide to stitch it back on when your baby is a bit bigger.

myjobismum Thu 12-Jul-07 09:49:53

ok - ta - think i will start this evening! (even though dont need them for yonks yet - not even got to the TTC stage yet )
but now i have finished potty training DS i need a new project!!!!

FlameDelacour Thu 12-Jul-07 15:03:35

Pic in profile - was fine

myjobismum Thu 12-Jul-07 19:37:16

thanks flame - will start doing that then - was it a PITA or pretty easy to unpick?

also just bought two second hand bimbles from nappy lady classifieds - dont know what is wrong with me - dont even want another baby yet - think i'm going mad!

FlameDelacour Thu 12-Jul-07 22:28:35

It was easy enough to do

makesachange Thu 12-Jul-07 22:51:01

hehe Flame, you preparing for a week next Saturday???

(sorry if I've missed a thread!!)

FlameDelacour Thu 12-Jul-07 22:52:13

I have the whole day off (starting midnight Friday) - I get to go to my mum's and reeeeeeeeeeeeeead

Was at the cinema for the film tonight too

makesachange Thu 12-Jul-07 22:58:07

I've asked DH to take P out of the way for the day. How sad are we ;-)

You know, mum had the audacity to suggest that it DIDN'T NEED DOING ALL IN ONE DAY!! I mean, what planet is she on?

Hey ho.

So.... Bambinex Teddys - gorgeous or wot? Must get around to listing them. So much to put on though... not even listed wraps yet, I'm so behind. Still, had great fun today ordering the new Cut4Cloth stock for Autumn - I love buying stuff when I don't have to pay for it myself!! We have a rule - no new stock until everything we have is listed. Definately being broken at the moment...

Oh sorry, back to thread, getting carried away...

makesachange Thu 12-Jul-07 22:58:39

I've asked DH to take P out of the way for the day. How sad are we ;-)

You know, mum had the audacity to suggest that it DIDN'T NEED DOING ALL IN ONE DAY!! I mean, what planet is she on?

Hey ho.

So.... Bambinex Teddys - gorgeous or wot? Must get around to listing them. So much to put on though... not even listed wraps yet, I'm so behind. Still, had great fun today ordering the new Cut4Cloth stock for Autumn - I love buying stuff when I don't have to pay for it myself!! We have a rule - no new stock until everything we have is listed. Definately being broken at the moment...

Oh sorry, back to thread, getting carried away...

FlameDelacour Thu 12-Jul-07 23:01:32

If it was any other book I would take some more time, but people will go and bloody spoil it! I'm going on tv/internet/radio silence until its done!

The teddy is the first stock I've swiped in soooo long . I've got loads of stuff waiting to list too, and a whole new postal set up I'm trying to sort, so I have to weigh every single item <sob>

Reeeeeeeeally need to go to bed, DS has been up every night this week, he's only just gone back off and I need a few hours before he starts again

xx

makesachange Thu 12-Jul-07 23:04:24

Hmm, postal weight is a bore. Definately feel your pain there...

Sorry to hear about DS's bad sleeping. Go Z, speak soon.

BTW nice to catch up :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now