Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Bright Bots Training Pants - STUPID WASHING INSTRUCTIONS??!!

(13 Posts)
MollyCoddle Wed 11-Jul-07 11:47:18

Just had some bright bots training pants delivered, and I'm aghast to see that the instructions are 'cold wash at 20 degrees'. WTF??!!

There is no way I'm doing separate cold washed for these pants. Do you think I'll kill them if I wash them at 60 degrees with everything else? If so, I think I'll have to send them back

MollyCoddle Wed 11-Jul-07 11:47:33

*washes

Cappuccino Wed 11-Jul-07 11:50:10

why are you washing everything at 60 degrees?

MollyCoddle Wed 11-Jul-07 11:51:38

Because that is the recommended temperature for washing my cloth nappies.

MadEyeMisdee Wed 11-Jul-07 11:57:39

put them in your normal wash at 40 degrees.

mine doesnt have a 20degreee option, only 30. oh poop, i just ordered some, will possibly have to send them back [sighs]

MollyCoddle Wed 11-Jul-07 11:58:57

Daft isn't it?

kittywits Wed 11-Jul-07 11:59:51

They're alright at 40 and in the tumble drier. Must say that they can go a bit 'crackly' after a couple of years. I've used them for all my kids night training, 4 so far. They're great though.

MollyCoddle Wed 11-Jul-07 12:14:45

Thanks KittyWits! That's good to know. Actually, they are kind of crackly already. DD has a pair on now and she's rustling a bit as she walks around

Does the material go crunchy as well?

kittywits Wed 11-Jul-07 12:29:54

No, it stays fine

MollyCoddle Wed 11-Jul-07 12:38:22

Thanks again kittywits

Ariela Sun 15-Jul-07 22:16:39

A lot of nappies, and clothing in general have low temp washing instructions than you can wash them at - part of the bid to cut greenhouse gases and make us all wash at lower temperatures. We always washed Bright Bots at 40 or 60, bit of colour comes out initially but they are fine, and fine to tumble too.
Same with all this 'dry clean only' when you know it's largely cotton or man made fibre that normally washes OK. I have a really nice suit I can lob in the machine at 40, washes like an old rag, stick in drier for 15 mins then hang while warm and it comes out smart as anything ready for the next wedding yet is clearly marked 'dry clean only'& 'do not tumble dry' - which is why I washed it in the machine, otherwise how would it be wet enough to want to tumble dry?!

Back to the stream and washing board!

FlameDelacour Sun 15-Jul-07 22:52:45

20 sounds insane - I'd bung em in with a normal wash at 30/40 (I wash most of my clothes at 30, nappies at 40).

BabiesEverywhere Mon 16-Jul-07 00:07:07

I wash our DD's Bright Bots inside out on 40 with her night nappies, they are fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now