Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Potty training 2.3 yr old DD......

(3 Posts)
EverLovelyChubby Tue 10-Jul-07 11:04:45

Been trying to potty train DD for about 5 months now and she has been doing well. When not wearing anything on the bottom she goes for a wee/poo without a problem, she asks to go and there are no accidents but as soon as I put her knickers, bottoms on she wets herself - without fail. I ask her constantly if she needs the toilet and she says no and it's only when she's holding herself and has wet herself that I know she has needed to go.

It's getting a little frustrating as I know she can do it but it's no good if she can't do it with pants on!!!

DS was in pants at 1.11 without a hitch and has never had a wet bed or anything. I know kids differ with this but I had heard girls are easier!

Also she has eczema on the tops of her thighs at the back and her wetting herself is irritating it and causing her pain. I'm putting cream on her and making sure she's clean etc.....

Any ideas........????? Cheers!

WigWamBam Tue 10-Jul-07 12:53:36

They really are all different, and it's not always the case that girls are dry earlier than boys. Dd was almost three before she was out of nappies, and is still wet at night at six and she's not unusual.

It sounds to me as if your dd is really not ready yet. I'd leave it for a while, give yourself and her a break and try again in a couple of months time - particularly as it's irritating her eczema.

katelyle Tue 10-Jul-07 13:03:40

Go back to nappies, wait til she's 3 and do it in a day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now