Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Unexplained rash on legs - almost like little pimples

(4 Posts)
LostMe Sun 08-Jul-07 10:19:23

My DS has a slight rash mainly on his upper legs which has now been there for around 3 weeks. We initially saw a doctor who thought it might be chickenpox, even though there were no spots on torso, arms or face. There are now more spots on his buttocks and a little band of them, maybe half a dozen, round his waist. They don't seem to be bothering him. They are small red raised lumps with a whitish pimple in the middle.

As we started potty training around the same time I think it might be something to do with either a reaction to urine on the skin or Kandoo Wipes, but I'm not sure as I don't think the timings coincide exactly.

I don't want to take him to the doctors again without good reason. Has anybody else had experience of anything similar??

Thanks!

lilymolly Sun 08-Jul-07 13:01:47

could it be thrush? dd had loads of pimple like spots around her nappy area last year and it was thrush

katelyle Sun 08-Jul-07 13:20:27

Could it be Molluscum Contagium? Are they quite hard? If that's what it is, it's one of those things that goes away in time - but there's nothing you can do exceptkeep an eye on them to make sure they don't get infected.

LostMe Sun 08-Jul-07 15:08:04

I don't think its thrush as the main rash is down his legs and a scattering on his tummy just below his belly button (almost like heat rash from a waistband?)

And a friends little girl has Mollescum Contagium and her spot looks like a large blister which is different from what DS has. I'm totally stumped! But thanks for replying. I guess I'll just have to get back to the doctors.

My best guess is that it is a rection to something but for the life of me I can't think what may have triggered it. x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: