Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

minki huggles

(15 Posts)
kreamkrackers Thu 05-Jul-07 16:04:24

hi i ordered 3 minki huggles to try for my oldest daughter. i ordered them to have no blues and at checkout i also asked for no browns, blacks, greys. i'm really annoyed that they've arrived today with a blue, a grey and a brown. should i email the company then send them back? or am i being too fussy? (after all who's going to see her night time nappy?)

also if i do send them back does anybody know which other companies do them as i don't want to go back to this one (not sure if i should name it) and i want one that i can trust to send out girlie colours in xl.

TIA

nearlythere Thu 05-Jul-07 16:16:43

as long as you haven't washed them send em back and say you don't want them!

come on- name and shame!

kreamkrackers Thu 05-Jul-07 16:25:55

ok not sure if i'm allowed to but it was the twinkletwinkle nappy shop. i was so excited at trying a new nappy (you know the feeling right?) then they arrived i felt gutted (am i losing the plot). now i'll have to send them back wait for the money then find a trustworthy website

the bambineos are good at night but dp doesn't do them as she needs loads of boosters or a couple of boosters and two nappies so i thought this would give me a break from doing her nappy every single night and she now poos at night (lovely timing) so i'm also changing her nappy in the night which doesn't help as i want to just quickly whip one off and put a new one on at night (i can't think straight at night)

ARGH

if they didn't have them in stock they should have bloody said instead of me waiting for them to arrive and now i've got to send them back

nearlythere Thu 05-Jul-07 16:29:15

what about flame or nappyzone- maybe they have some? there are a few sellers on here who may be able to help- i don't stock them i'm afraid! bloody twinkle- they did it to me once- i wanted matching minki bag, wipes, liners and tots fleece wrap- i got them all in dif patterns and they didn't see why i was angry!!

kreamkrackers Thu 05-Jul-07 16:31:33

i looked on there's first as i'd rather buy from a mner but they don't stock the huggle

nappyzone Thu 05-Jul-07 17:15:13

i dont do them , have you tried contacting minki direct as she does have a site im sure? In fact she does as i bought a std minki from her which is huge! I am getting some more peapods in though with night boosters woo hoo!

Flamesparrow Thu 05-Jul-07 17:26:37

Oh - I do huggles!

(don't I??? I should do) - its the same system of saying what you don't want, but I will be very agressive about it and make sure you don't get the ones you don't want!

Flamesparrow Thu 05-Jul-07 17:27:44

Yup, here

Flamesparrow Thu 05-Jul-07 17:28:14

sorry - that was against all rules - can you pretend that you followed that link to my ad, and then to the huggles?

kreamkrackers Thu 05-Jul-07 18:22:03

sorry flame i can't believe i missed you doing them

i can't remember how the payment goes with bumfluff, is it paypal? if so i can't order them yet as i've maxed my limit out and i'm currently adding a new card. if it's straight by card i could order them now then get the payment sorted back from bl**dy twinkle f*cking twinkle

i just want them now, i ordered them last friday and i just want to put her in them

also i'd prefare a pink, yellow and another girlie colour in xl, it says you've been getting mainly beiges and browns lately so would that be a problem?

derah Thu 05-Jul-07 18:22:57

Don't like huggles personally so I'd just send them back if I were you and get something else from Flame. They're very absorbant but are so thick and have such a lot of elastic that they take forever to dry, and I'm sure nastiness lurks in all the damp folds. There are better night-time options imo!!

kreamkrackers Thu 05-Jul-07 18:35:20

the nappies are for night time use

this is a copy of the email i'm sending

i ordered 3 minki huggles from you on saturday and they've arrived now in the wrong colours. i'm not happy and i'm going to be sending these back.

i am very annoyed as you could have emailed me to let me know you didn't have the correct colours in there and now i'm going to have to go out of my way to post them back which i don't really have time to do as i have a child with special needs (which i told you these nappies were for in the information about the child box) and a baby.

i'm now going to have to wait to get more nappies from a different website as i can't fund it until i have the money returned for the 3 nappies.

(ok the last part might not matter too much as they'll pay me back and i can squeeze it on to another card before that but hey i don't care they lied to me to begin with by sending the wrong nappies and not telling me)

kreamkrackers Thu 05-Jul-07 18:38:08

also flame the suggested wraps don't include a wool wrap (or am i being stupid again?). will they be ok? they're the wooly wraps that you sell

kreamkrackers Thu 05-Jul-07 19:16:06

here's the email she sent me and my reply to this, feel really bad now

i did not recieve an email but that might have been msn's fault again as a lot of emails keep getting put in the junk folder. i'm really sorry about that. i will take you up on the offer as it'll be the easiest thing to do and i would rather wait than have colours i'm not happy with (sorry i just love her to be in all very girlie colours).

thanks for this.
sam

>From: "Twinkle Twinkle" <info@twinkleontheweb.co.uk>
>To: <sam_mercer1984@hotmail.co.uk>
>Subject: RE: my minki huggles
>Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 18:59:57 +0100
>
>Dear Sam
>I am sorry that was all we had in stock at the time, we didn't have a
>response to the email at 09.17 on 02/07/2007 saying these were all we had
>but unfortunately (we were a bit swamped due to no postal collection Friday)
>I think because it was packed it got sent out. We packed what we had of the
>palest and least brown black grey blue (we still have a lot of navy for
>example, the dark colours predominate as they are made from bathroom
>towelling surplus fabric) because there was a chance we could be run out.
>I'm sorry the aqua wasn't to your liking that shade is very popular with
>girls. We will have some more in shortly. If you care to wait a few days (I
>will find out when exactly ) I will let you have first pick of the next
>batch and include a reply paid sticker so you can just hand it in to the
>post office without having to queue
>
>Regards
>Miranda
>www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk
>

Flamesparrow Thu 05-Jul-07 19:24:34

OOps for your emails - wool are great with them though... will amend the details this evening

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now