Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Quick MN poll........velcro or nappy nippers.......preferences please

(19 Posts)
daisyandbabybootoo Thu 05-Jul-07 10:48:55

what's your preference?

and does velcro chew up things in the wash?

sammysam Thu 05-Jul-07 10:52:39

NAPPY NIPPAS without a doubt!
Velcro does chew things up and is stiff around the middle!

bagpuss Thu 05-Jul-07 10:53:16

nippa

geekgirl Thu 05-Jul-07 10:53:22

nippas every time - velcro is hard & uncomfortable

kreamkrackers Thu 05-Jul-07 10:54:43

poppers as i have velcro bibs which seem to catch on everything as they always come undone in the wash. still not tried out a nippa though, although i've got one here.

daisyandbabybootoo Thu 05-Jul-07 11:06:35

next question...can wraps also be fastened with nippas? or do they always have velcro?

Flamesparrow Thu 05-Jul-07 11:08:25

Nippaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Much better fit.

No to nippa'd wraps (nothing for them to grip onto), but you can get poppered ones

geekgirl Thu 05-Jul-07 11:10:23

motherease do lovely poppered wraps

pull-on wool ones are also v. nice

sammysam Thu 05-Jul-07 11:53:22

stupid question-wool wraps-how do they and do they work?!

I need some next sized up wraps and as dd has started to discover how to undo velcro at 11 months i think i'll have to get poppers....but pull on sound much better with a wriggly baby!!!

any suggestions?
(sorry for the hi jack! )

Flamesparrow Thu 05-Jul-07 12:22:28

This'd be the right thread then...

sammysam Thu 05-Jul-07 12:24:12

nappyzone Thu 05-Jul-07 12:28:44

velcro for me - i always catch my big fingers on the nippa spikes - i know im a clumsy oaf!

JoyS Thu 05-Jul-07 12:32:39

Poppers or nippas for me. The velcro tabs always seem to move up and scratch DD's tummy. I don't mind velcro on bumgenius or wraps though.

derah Thu 05-Jul-07 12:32:59

Nippas!! Better fit, don't pick opp fluff in the wash, LO can't undo them, plus you don't get a stuff band across the waist that can make movement more difficult.

Wraps with poppers are better then velcro for much the same reasons.

Not a velcro fan (can you tell?!)

Flame answered the wool wrap question very well on the other thread. It might look a bit hard, but it really isn't and you only have to do it every couple of weeks. I love wool at night.

Bananaknickers Thu 05-Jul-07 12:33:26

nippas

derah Thu 05-Jul-07 12:34:16

Um, that would be 'up' not 'opp', and 'stiff', not 'stuff'. Can't type today!!

daisyandbabybootoo Thu 05-Jul-07 15:04:23

Cheers everyone .....I guess I'll be going with nippas then!

claireybee Thu 05-Jul-07 15:51:48

I generally prefer nippas (or poppers) but have to say i usually take velcro out with me cos otherwise i always forget the nippa and have to try and somehow secure the nappy with the wrap. Also its good to have velcro to show non cloth users that cloth nappies are put on just the same as sposies-lots of people have said "oh wow, i thought you'd need a pin" or similar!
But generally nippas, much less stiff around the middle

nappyzone Thu 05-Jul-07 17:19:43

yes well i always lose stuff so if a nippa i am guaranteed to lose it hence i prefer it all to be in one piece so to speak. Im not sure about the whole wool thing, i am now thinking more wacky wraps. decisions decisions... i have to keep reminding myelf not to get stuff i want but what my clothys want

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now