Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

So hard to be a nappy addict!

(10 Posts)
derah Wed 04-Jul-07 20:37:12

I'm in trouble with DH. Since joining MN, I've been exposed to quick flips, and decided they looked cool and I had to try them. So I got a couple. But thing is, we're actually trying to potty train dd so really don't need any more nappies. DH is a bit tight so he's really annoyed. But I'm pg so we're going to need them for the next one anyway, and it's not like dd is going to potty train overnight...... whimper!!!

Flamesparrow Wed 04-Jul-07 22:55:05

sammysam Thu 05-Jul-07 11:55:29

i'd love to do that....dp is so tight that i can't even think about it...unless it could save us money somehow

Flamesparrow Thu 05-Jul-07 12:04:50

Go with the "another baby" angle

sammysam Thu 05-Jul-07 12:12:55

thats a totally different thread! I'd love one now but dp is so tight he thinks we can't afford one (but he can get a new car ) I think i'm slowly winning him round as i explained the longer we wait the longer it'll be til i go back to work!!!!!!!

derah Thu 05-Jul-07 12:36:49

I did go with the 'another baby' angle, but he said that they're too big for new baby. Well, yes, at first, but I expect new baby will grow (as they do!!). I also used the 'don't argue with a hormonal preggie women' angle and he apologised. Har har!!

I tried out the quick flips on dd this morning. They're very nice but a bit bulky for daytime wear. Looks like they'll be fab for night-time though.

claireybee Thu 05-Jul-07 12:40:41

Sammysam-i used that argument and it worked! I carefully explained to dh how another baby wasnt going to cost us much at the moment because i am already a sahm, already have the nappies (altho i did secretly buy a few teeny tiny newborn ones), and plan to breastfeed. he wanted to leave 3-4 years between them but i explained that would mean i wasn't working for the next 7-8 years! I also said that if i went back to work for a while then stopped again to have another baby we would feel the pinch a lot more as we would be used to having more money whereas this way when i go back to work (a lot sooner than if we left a big gap between children) i'll be able to go back full time and we will suddenly have a much higher income! He was eventually persuaded!

Flamesparrow Thu 05-Jul-07 12:44:11

They are great for night

derah Thu 05-Jul-07 12:44:34

Well done Claireybee!! Sam, maybe you should try those arguments too? I told DH that I hated my job, and was either going to quit and we'd have no money, or we could make a baby asap so I could go on 6 months fully paid mat leave to get away. Guess which he chose? Har har!!

sammysam Thu 05-Jul-07 12:57:20

Yep i'm working on it but he still thinks it'll be loads more expensive-food etc aven though at the moment i'm still breastfeeding dd (11months) with no intention of stopping any time soon!

Maybe i'll bring up the topic again later...

(although would like dd to be a bit older )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now