Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

problem with bamboo nappies

(10 Posts)
CarGirl Tue 03-Jul-07 23:30:33

how do I tell when they are dry???? They still feel damp?????? They came off the line Sunday nearly dry and have been airing every since???????

Flamesparrow Wed 04-Jul-07 07:49:23

they normally feel... erm... dry

(put them somewhere warm - you can tell then if they are warm n dry or warm n wet)

maveta Wed 04-Jul-07 07:51:05

Have you been having this wet weather? If they feel damp they´re not dry (I don´t mean that in a patronising way because I´ve also felt them when they´re still damp after drying for ages and wondered if they´re meant to be like that).. can you chuck them in a dryer for 10mins?

CarGirl Wed 04-Jul-07 09:11:31

No airing cupboard or anything, I could tumble them but will it not wear the fabric out quicker using the dryer?

Flamesparrow Wed 04-Jul-07 10:57:07

Only in so much that if you do it for 10 mins every so often, then they will only make it through a couple of children's lives rather than 5 or so . Tumbling on low isn't going to make them fall apart in 6 months or anything.

CarGirl Wed 04-Jul-07 11:01:19

could it be the initial residue I'm feeling as I didn't pre-wash them so they've been worn and then washed once IYSWIM?

Flamesparrow Wed 04-Jul-07 11:06:58

I have been known to just stick em on him before now - I've been unsure if they are wet or just cold, and gone with the theory that they'll be wet again soon enough anyway...

CarGirl Wed 04-Jul-07 11:27:07

kind of what I'm thinking of doing if they seem dry enough that'll do, my poor ferral children

amazonianwoman Wed 04-Jul-07 14:49:29

Know what you mean, mine still feel a little damp, been airing inside since Sunday night, flipping wet weather

I tend to follow Flame's method - stick a fleece liner on top (which is dry!) and put them on anyway, they'll be wet in minutes

CarGirl Wed 04-Jul-07 20:01:50

mmmmmm dd keeps leaking out of her bamboo nappies, first time I just assumed it was a mega wee and they hadn't been prewashed. This time it had an extra booster in and had been washed and she was soaking, I'm wondering if it's a power wee coming down one leg as they're narrow in the crotch?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now