Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Baby Wipes - Which Brand Do You Use?

(55 Posts)
handbagaddict Tue 03-Jul-07 15:25:48

Just wanted to know what type of baby wipes people prefer using?

I’ve had a hard time in the past trying to find a good wipe for my lil un Ryan, as i find most wipes are too harsh for his skin.

However, just recently been using Huggies Shea Butter and so far so good, no irritations!

snowwonder Tue 03-Jul-07 15:27:33

huggies her to although girls are nearly 10 and 4 so mainly for faces and days out i got the aleo vera at the moment, but i love the huggies ones

mysterymachine Tue 03-Jul-07 15:31:01

Huggies pure - no fragrance and don't upset by ds's skin.

Mung Tue 03-Jul-07 15:32:13

I only use wipes when out with DH as he doesn't like my method (and if I want him to change some nappies then I need to give a little)...but if wipes are too irritant then you can just use small flannels (cut up bits of towelling material) and water. Sometimes I fill a travel wipe box with the make shift wipes and then pour cooled chamomile tea on them...they do a great job. Or you can use cotton wool and a bottle of water or chamomile tea if you dont want to wash your wipes.

Rosa Tue 03-Jul-07 15:32:34

Best advice I ever had was stay away from wipes as much as you can for easy irritated skin. Use cream and cotton wool or just water for nappy changing but I use Huggies when out and about.

LaBoheme Tue 03-Jul-07 15:32:39

oh use "earth friendly baby!" ones - cammomile they are lovely don't smell at all "synthetic" and really full of moisture.

dassie Tue 03-Jul-07 15:34:01

Natures Baby are great - no problems at all. Seem very gentle

sweetkitty Tue 03-Jul-07 15:36:47

Tesco's own frangrance free OR cloth wipes with water.

hippopowell Tue 03-Jul-07 15:51:32

I use cloth wipes & water or cammomile tea & honey. I don't see the point in baby wipes. I think they are just another example of the marketing machine convincing the majority of the population they need to buy one of their products. Even better that it is disposable so that makes you have to keep going back to buy more= more profit for them. Not only are they full of unneccary chemicals I'd rather not put on my baby's skin, they add to the landfill nightmare we are in. When I'm out & about most places have baby changing rooms with a tap for running water so I wet my cloths there, & when we go to a place without a tap I take a tupperware container with clothes already wet in, so you don't even need them out and about.
Just a thought

LaBoheme Tue 03-Jul-07 16:05:10

not all are full of chemicals, and some are 100% biodegradable - they are v handy if you are out and about. Although I find the JJ ones really harsh and over perfumed...

handbagaddict Tue 03-Jul-07 17:05:14

I find wipes an absolute life saver when im out and about. although a lot of places do cater for mums now, there are still instances when i need something quick to hand!

LOL Hippo. You'd sure see the point if you had to deal with my DS. I care about the earth and do what I can to be green.. but it's babywipes all the way (and indefinitely!) when dealing with an incontinent seven year old!

wishingfourgotone Tue 03-Jul-07 17:15:34

i use boots own brand no fragrence wipes have founf they are the only ones that dont give her rash, i have found the huggies very wet meaning waiting forever to dry papers very rough johnsons iv not really used as they make me itch.
Ps my sis uses which ever are on offer

I use whatever's on offer too. And this is one thing I dont torture myself over with regard to what Mumsnetters might think of me. I spent half my life elbow deep in shit as it is, without making life more difficult by carting about damp rags and tupperware dishes!!

mozzybear Tue 03-Jul-07 17:28:17

Me and DH can't stand the smell of Johnsons because it reminds us of sleepless nights and ds screaming at 4 in the morning!

I tend to use Boots own unfragranced. Will use cotton wool and water if I can and have a wet only nappy. This rarely happens though.

derah Tue 03-Jul-07 19:19:35

Nature Babycare are great. No nasty smell or taste (have you tasted some of the more fragranced ones after you wash your/baby's face? YUK!!!), plus all natural ingredients and full biodegradable. I compost mine (only use them for hands/face) so very eco-friendly. They're more expensive but totally worth it imo.

Seona1973 Tue 03-Jul-07 19:46:37

I use pampers sensitive, Boots own, Asda's own, Morrisons own sensitive gel ones, etc I dont like huggies as they rip in the middle and are a bit 'papery' and johnsons dont seem to 'pop-up' very well. I tend to get them when they are on offer and buy a few packs at a time as they are useful for more than just nappy changes e.g. cleaning shoes, laminate, etc

Loopymumsy Tue 03-Jul-07 19:58:15

Message withdrawn

archiesmummy Tue 03-Jul-07 20:14:20

Same here Loopymumsy.

We use Stinki Minki wipes (rainbow fleece one side and towelling other side) and lukewarm water.

TrinityRhino Tue 03-Jul-07 20:15:39

asdas own
tescos own
all fragrance free

LucyLu1981 Tue 03-Jul-07 20:20:36

I use Simple wipes - I like them because they have a proper lid i'm easily pleased

Idobelieveinfairies Tue 03-Jul-07 20:23:08

Whatever is on special offer, which most of the time is co-op ones. BOGOF and they are only £1.69!!!!!

mumto3girls Tue 03-Jul-07 20:24:26

I love pampers wipes. I love the smell of them.

I have used them since dd was 2 weeks old ( before that just water and cotton wool) and I can honestly say that she has NEVER had a sore bum or nappy rash...

Chirpygirl Tue 03-Jul-07 20:29:04

I use cut up fleece and a travel bottle of lotion or water normally but otherwise I use Tesco fragrance free, 3 for £3.

I hate huggies, they are really thick and gloopy, and pampers smell gross!

archiesmummy Tue 03-Jul-07 20:32:59

Sometime when we are out with other mums someone will wipe my boys face with a wipe and I hate it!!!
Or even when they hand a wipe to me coz they feel so yucky

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now