Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Night time nappy!

(5 Posts)
melfi Tue 03-Jul-07 11:22:47

I know this thread has been done a million times, but I have been trying to use cloth at night as my small stash off "night time" disposables have ran out.

I have tried

Fluffle with a whole bunch of terry boosters and a nature babies wrap - FAILED!

Motherease onesize, with pad folded prefold, terry booster and hemp wondeful between wrap and nappy - WORKED but baby looked like a weeble and couldnt actually roll over anymore

Two Geobels, 2 bamboo boosters, microterry between nappy and wrap (stacinator fleece - WORKED

The thing I am concerned about is that even though some of my combos have "worked" they are absolutely soaking, the entire nappy, right up around the tabs and everything and baby's bum is wet to the touch but the wetness doesn't get through to her jammies.

Is this Ok??, she wakes alot during the night, could it be cos she is wet she is waking? She will go back to sleep after a boob.

I dont want to go back to disposables but I cant change her every 2 hours during the night.

Any other suggestions?

SnowballV Tue 03-Jul-07 11:30:45

If you are feeding her in the night when she wakes, then yup, she will be completely sodden in the morning without even more boosting.

My current fave is a bamboo quick flip with a jam tots in the middle of it - where the "booster" part of the quick flip is the full width of the centre it gives that much more absorbency than normal boosters.

nearlythere Tue 03-Jul-07 11:32:09

are the wraps big enough? i use bummis wraps over a fluffle boosted with a muslin on a heavy wetting toddler and it works fine! In fact its bomb proof!

claireybee Tue 03-Jul-07 14:10:58

I usually use either a bumhugger, bumble/bambeasy or wee notions at night, all boosted with either a microfibre or terry pocket nappy insert. These are normally bombproof, and my lo wakes for a feed in the night and is quite a heavy night time wetter anyway. However the last few nights she has soaked through these so i tried adding an extra booster and she soaked through that too. Last night i was out of my usual night nappies due to a combination of having needed to change her in the night and the crap weather so put her in a bambineo with its booster inside, then another booster, then a bamboozle and then the wrap and she didnt soak through! I don't know why she sometimes goes through these monster weeing sessions but luckily they only usually last a few nights.

kreamkrackers Tue 03-Jul-07 14:36:18

the minki huggles are meant to be really good and can be boosted (just bought one so will let you know how we get on with it) but they need a big wrap and luckily our wool wraps are slightly big (not big enough to leak) so hoping they'll fit over it.

i have been using bambineos stuffed with their own boosters or even putting two nappies on at a time and they've never leaked.

so why am i trying a minki huggle? i couldn't help but buy one as they look really fluffy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now