Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

HELP!! I've just washed my cloth nappies in SOFTENER!

(8 Posts)
mamawhyte Tue 03-Jul-07 09:38:16

...by accident. What do I do? Any ideas? Are they ruined forever?!

goingfor3 Tue 03-Jul-07 09:40:41

Just wash them again without. I'm sure they are not going to be ruined for ever they just may not be as effective for a couple of washes.

Peachy Tue 03-Jul-07 09:45:28

Agree with gpingforthree- as warm as wash as they're allowed, detergent, should be perfectly OK

mamawhyte Tue 03-Jul-07 09:53:27

okay, i'll give it a go. I can't believe I was so stupid. We had a new washing machine delivered at the weekend. The wash I did before the nappies was a duvet cover & sheet and I added the softener just after the cycle had started. Then I washed my nappies and a couple of liners came out exceptionally soft and then I twigged!

Thanks - i'll just keep washing them and see what happens.

BandofMuggles Tue 03-Jul-07 10:02:03

I did it a few times by accident, don't worry.

SnowballV Tue 03-Jul-07 11:13:28

I've done it a few times too -- they just don't absorb as much for a couple of washes.

claireybee Tue 03-Jul-07 14:24:46

I've done it once too. the nappy still lasted for 4 hours though! I don't think once does any harm tbh and it made me feel good that the actual nappy wasnt really any softer after using softener!

mamawhyte Tue 03-Jul-07 20:18:16

I've washed them four times now so hopefully they'll be okay! Thanks for your reassurances. I really panicked!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now