Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

ANYBODY ELSE SICK & TIRED OF LEAKING NAPPIES???

(19 Posts)
Snowi Fri 29-Jun-07 17:19:36

hI Peeps, I use leading brand disposable nappies & am so sick of tired of them leaking, put DS down for his naps, he's awake 20 minutes later because his nappy has leaked & cot is all wet! Does anybody else out there have the same experience?

Kamryn Fri 29-Jun-07 17:22:15

How old is DS?

mumto3girls Fri 29-Jun-07 17:23:24

Is he due to up a size?

beansprout Fri 29-Jun-07 17:23:27

Try a different brand, sometimes the fit is just wrong. Huggies were rubbish but Sainsbury's (at half the price) were fine for ds.

Kamryn Fri 29-Jun-07 17:27:03

I found Huggies fine for DD and Pampers leaked and wouldn't 'sit' right over her round tummy!!!!! Other friends all use an swear by Pampers, think it depends on shape of child!!!!!!!

Also agree some of supermarkets own brands just as good, especially pull ups.

derah Fri 29-Jun-07 19:46:05

Cloth nappies leak far, far less than disposables. No poo explosions up the back of your lo's clothes either. Two of many reasons why I swear by cloth. Any chance you might be tempted to give them a go?

MadamePlatypus Fri 29-Jun-07 19:47:27

I have to agree with derah - it was a revelation to find that they didn't leek.

liath Fri 29-Jun-07 19:48:19

Far far fewer leaks with cloth compared to dispies here, too - one of the reasons I've stuck with cloth nappies.

purpleturtle Fri 29-Jun-07 19:55:37

I'm another cloth devotee. Using disposables when camping is an absolute nightmare.

hjscho Fri 29-Jun-07 20:00:48

Yes...I'm with the last few posts. I had DD in disposables when she was first born because I couldn't face washing nappies for 2 children (DS still is 21 months), but I'd rather wash the nappies than keep washing all the clothes. Disposables leak as soon as she poos and I find that I have to avoid touching the nappy area whilst taking her to where I change her nappy. Whereas the cloth nappies dont leak and the instant nappy change is not as vital.

hippopowell Sat 30-Jun-07 08:53:57

Hi,
Another dedicated, or addicted cloth user here. I was doing much more washing when I used disposables in the early weeks. Now for soo many reasons I wouldn't use anything else. The least of all being no leaks. Give them a try, you might find you like them. Some councils give incentives & trial packs to help get you started.

Flamesparrow Sat 30-Jun-07 11:32:40

Cloooooooooooooooooooooth being whispered here too

trixymalixy Sat 30-Jun-07 11:57:24

I'm about to start using cloth nappies as I can't find a disposable that can deal with Ds' poos. I couldn't face the washing when he was pooing 6 times a day. But he now is pooing only about once or twice a day and when he does go it pours out the legs and bubbles out the top of the nappy. Have tried pretty much every brand of disposable and they are all crap.

Flamesparrow Sat 30-Jun-07 11:59:18

At least with cloth you are only washing pooy nappies - not changing vest and trousers and getting poo stains out of clothes

nappyzone Sat 30-Jun-07 12:16:45

welcome to cloth trixymalixy! cloth rocks!

Snowi Sat 30-Jun-07 16:59:44

Sorry for late reply. DS is 6 weeks old. I'm using Pampers New Baby size 2 as he weighs 5.1kg (11 pounds). Huggies also leak & the Sainsbury's one were the worst!!
By cloth nappies are you meaning re-usables eg. Bamboozles, Kushies etc?

Flamesparrow Sat 30-Jun-07 17:16:24

Yup, reusables - there is a nappy out there to suit everyone's needs.

If you are interested then look in the small business section and there are a few of us who do tailored impartial advice

CarGirl Sat 30-Jun-07 17:20:01

go for it snowi personally for exploding breast poo I never had a leak in bumbles nippa..............tis a whole new wonderful world out there!

octo Sat 30-Jun-07 17:50:19

I am a total clothie but relented and bought disps for my holiday and he has had sh*t in his armpits most days

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now