Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Motherease stay dry nappies, questions?

(10 Posts)
yummymummy06 Mon 25-Jun-07 21:15:42

Hi. Im looking at buying some reusable nappies. Someone my local paper is selling 20 motherease stay dry nappies with liners and covers for £80. They have been used for one child from 3 months to 2 and a half. Is this a reasonable price, I think it's quite expensive. Thanks

Washersaurus Mon 25-Jun-07 21:29:26

If they come with the pop in boosters then I think it sounds reasonable (depending on the condition obviously). Are you sure it is the stay dry ones that you want?

If you have a look on the nappy lady website at the classifieds section you can get an idea of the going rate for 2nd hand nappies.

Flame Mon 25-Jun-07 21:41:17

Yup, sounds quite reasonable to me - they are about £8.50 new, so you're getting them for less than half price

yummymummy06 Mon 25-Jun-07 21:41:54

I don't really have a clue what I want! Wanted to try the sandy's ones. Want something reasonably priced and slim fitting.

Flame Mon 25-Jun-07 21:44:16

Slimmest fitting would be bamboo, but they take longer to dry. Sandys are meant to be really good (still not gotten round to trying them myself... well, not myself).

yummymummy06 Mon 25-Jun-07 21:45:07

Just put an order in on ecobean for a tots bot wrap, 2 popolino bravo nappies and 2 sandy's and it came to £32. Haven't checked it out though!

morocco Mon 25-Jun-07 21:46:05

how about getting a selection and seeing which you prefer then selling them on again? thenappylady.co.uk has loads for sale in the classifieds

nappyzone Mon 25-Jun-07 21:46:47

it depends onthe condition id say but sounds ok. i am about to get some to trial so will be interestd to see how they are. Thats 2years of use so wonder how they have aged? worth going to see

yummymummy06 Mon 25-Jun-07 21:50:11

I think if they had been used for 6 months or so I don't think I would have a problem with it but they have been used for 2 years and I feel abit funny about it. I brought second hand kushies and they are all grey!

snugglebumnappies Mon 25-Jun-07 22:35:34

they shouldn;t be grey as the stay dry is an unbleached cotton, have a good stretch of the fabric to make sure there is still some "spring" in it. Have to say though, you may buy them and not get on with them, I would maybe just buy one to try out first

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now