Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

making reusable wipes??

(8 Posts)
yummymummy06 Mon 25-Jun-07 18:32:52

hi. can anyone tell me how to make reusable wipes please? what material to use, i once used fleece and didn't work well! thanks

dissle Mon 25-Jun-07 18:35:38

Dont know about reusable wipes but i bought about 3 packs of IKEA face cloths. 10 in a pack and used them with soap and water instead of wipes.
They wash lovely and because i had so many i never ran out. When they began to look grubby i chucked them away. They are so very cheap.
I used cotton wool and baby cream for bottoms.

frogs Mon 25-Jun-07 18:37:13

You either use very cheap flannels, or cut up an old flannelette or brushed cotton sheet and hem the edges using the zigzag function on a sewing machine.

beansontoast Sat 30-Jun-07 20:19:51

im not strictly answering your question,but if you just want to avoid using disposable wipes....

i used a couple of sponges and water (those extra soft sponges that they sell in plastic bags in 'Boots' and when they dry they go rock hard!)

i had two different colours (for face or bot).

also they rinse well between wipes on mucky jobs

derah Sat 30-Jun-07 21:41:15

I tried washable wipes made of cut-up t-shirts for a while but they kept getting stuck in the washing machine door and mean a lot more stuff to hang up. So now I use a spray bottle of water with a tiny drop of antibacterial soap and do the wiping with kitchen towel. Much easier!!!

flibbertyjibbet Sat 30-Jun-07 22:00:23

I cut up my ancient and very bald towelling dressing gown, zigzagged all the edges and hey presto massive pile of washable wipes. i didn't keep separate for face and bum, as they went in nappy bucket, washed at 60 which kills everything.
I just put some water in a bowl each morning and dipped a wipe in as needed.

eidsvold Sun 01-Jul-07 23:37:17

i have cut up old towels, flannelette square nappies I no longer used, face washers.

As i also use cloth nappies - just go in the nappy bucket with everything and then on the line or in the dryer.

warm water BUT for older two in nappies - baby bath, olive oil and warm water in a container, fill with wipes - ready to go.

BadHair Mon 02-Jul-07 00:15:47

Like derah I use a spray bottle filled with water, a good squirt of liquid soap and a small squirt of baby lotion. Shake it all up then spray on bot and wipe off with either Asda value tissues or square of fleece, depending on what I'm wiping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now