Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nappy folds

(10 Posts)
lulumamasmentee Sun 24-Jun-07 21:07:38

Hi All

Just looking for some quick advice on good nappy folds for a newborn. I've had a look on the nappylady website and like the look of the Jo fold, has anybody else used this?

I would love a fold that wasn't too bulky, should I just order some 40x40 terries for the first few weeks or just start off with the 60x60 that I have got.

Any other terry nappy advice welcome!!

TIA

lljkk Sun 24-Jun-07 22:34:52

Nappy lady site is great for folds.

We loved the Chinese / butterfly fold for our newborns. Nothing beat it. It's tricky to learn, but I can do it in my sleep, now.

Terries are great until they get running around -- and even then still good at night.

Not sure about tips...
Double up the terries when they get bigger and need more absorbency at night.

nuttygirl Sun 24-Jun-07 23:11:25

I use the Jo fold. It can be quite bulky between the legs tho. I use 60x60 terries too (and have done from the start - although used disposables for the couple of days I was in hospital).

As for tips, make sure none of the terry is sticking out of the wrap (around the leg)...we've made that mistake a couple of times, with rather wet consequences

eidsvold Sun 24-Jun-07 23:27:23

i used the origami or chinese fold BUT i started with muslins for my newborn then graduated to terries. But here in aus you can only get the bigger terry squares.

flibbertyjibbet Sun 24-Jun-07 23:34:18

I used flat nappies till my son started to wriggle.... then had to change to shaped ones.
Terries make for a lot of bulk and I found them unsuitable for both my boys as trousers just didn't look right over them.
But for a NEWBORN I didn't use terries come to think of it as they were as big as the baby, I used muslins.

lulumamasmentee Mon 25-Jun-07 09:18:02

I will try the one's mentioned here, I was thinking of using muslins but wasn't sure what people actually meant by using muslins. Are we talking about the same things like the packs of 10 or so white cotton squares?

How long do you usually use the muslins for before switching to terries?

TIA

bagpuss Mon 25-Jun-07 10:12:39

I found a muslin (yes, they are the cotton squares btw) in the jo fold with a tots bots booster in the middle was quite good - they nippa well too. I used the jo fold with 60 cm terries also and found it comparable to a tots bots original in terms of absorbancy. If I had another baby in cloth then I would also be tempted to try some bamboo terries as they are slimmer and softer than normal ones and the absorbancy is a little better.

eidsvold Mon 25-Jun-07 10:46:20

dd3 is 3 1/2 months old and fully breastfed - I am still using muslin nappy squares.

snugglebumnappies Mon 25-Jun-07 11:25:20

muslins are good but all of my LOs have been heavy wetters so they didn't last long. I like the 40cm squares, seem really cute and dinky on a newborn

lulumamasmentee Mon 25-Jun-07 11:40:21

Well i've got a new pack of muslins (all DD's old ones have gone rectangle from being washed so much!) so I will use these from the beginning I think. Not sure how they will work with my wraps because i've got a collection of Rikki, Tots Bots and some from the council which I think are modern baby?

I'm getting all excited now, I love fluffy nappies on babies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now