Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Tots bots fluffles/ Bumhuggers suggestions please?

(24 Posts)
yummymummy06 Sun 24-Jun-07 14:33:30

Hi. I have been looking at some new nappies for dd who is 10 months. I don't want anything bulky and im not sure if a fluffle is bulky, I saw tots bot at a show once and they showed me one but cant remember if it was a bamboozle or fluffle but it seemed massive! What are bumhuggers like? I like samdy's nappies but worried they will be a pain to change with wriggly dd! want something not too expensive!

Flame Sun 24-Jun-07 14:37:08

Fluffles are bulky - they do squish down a bit, but bamboo is a better option.

Bambineos have a much better weight range than bamboozles - I much prefer them. They are slim and loooovely and absorbant.

Bumhuggers some love, I hate mine though - the poppers are hidden on them and I find them a pain to do up.

snugglebumnappies Sun 24-Jun-07 14:43:49

I love bumhugger but they are a bit bulky.

Fluffles even bulkier!

Bamboozles slim but not good IMO, I second the bambineos.

Sandys are very strertchy so you could fasten it then pull it up fastened like a pull up.

snugglebumnappies Sun 24-Jun-07 14:44:34

What are you using at the moment by the way

yummymummy06 Sun 24-Jun-07 15:02:16

kushies ! I brought them secondhand and at the start they were good but now they don't fit her very well around the legs and thinking about size 2. I like the look of sandy's. There are so many choices. I looked on ecobean.co.uk and they have a cheap popolini nappy (bravo) that I may try. Any other suggestions? I might try a bambineo. Little lambs? Bumble? Sorry, just trying to think of some I have seem.

Flame Sun 24-Jun-07 15:04:10

I really like bumbles Still not tried sandy

snugglebumnappies Sun 24-Jun-07 15:19:43

Not keen on Little lambs, like swaddlebees organic velour, fuzzi bunz, wonderoos, pea pods, baby beehinds to name a few! What are the Jam Tots like Flame?

Flame Sun 24-Jun-07 15:21:52

Quite nice - not as absorbant as i would have liked, but slim n dry quite quickly.

Sorkycake seems to like them lots

yummymummy06 Sun 24-Jun-07 15:27:22

what are jam tots?

i have 1 little lamb and it seems quite nice.!

Flame Sun 24-Jun-07 15:29:18

jam tots

yummymummy06 Sun 24-Jun-07 15:54:55

Anyone know where I can buy seconds from?

myjobismum Sun 24-Jun-07 16:11:12

sorry for a quick hi-jack - but FLAME are you bumfluffnappies.com?

Flame Sun 24-Jun-07 17:59:22

Yup, tis me

nappyzone Sun 24-Jun-07 18:19:12

hiya at 10 months for slimness have you thought about pocket nappies - i would 3rd the bambineos if wanting shaped as yes fluffles are huge! lots of pockets available out there.

myjobismum Sun 24-Jun-07 18:21:17

FLAME - it's just i thought i would let you know that i heard your Ad on 2CR FM today - it's cool, hopefully you will get some good business and cloth converts from it! was really shocked to hear a cloth nappy ad on the local radio - well done!

Flame Sun 24-Jun-07 18:23:41

Ooh yay

I won it in a competition - you probably heard the very last playing of it I've got a couple of demos booked from it, and people seem to be gradually drifting in... The next part of the campaign is hassling all the midwives etc (thinking it'll be easier now people have heard of me), and I've had an email from the councillor I contacted saying he's looking into what's going on and he'll be back to me next week

myjobismum Sun 24-Jun-07 18:40:33

(yummymummy - really really sorry for hi-jacking your thread!)

flame - it is brilliant!

I have heard it about 4 times but only just put 2 and 2 together!

Good luck with your demos (and the councillor!)

That must mean you are local to me!!!!

Was lovely to hear a cloth advert - and such a good one at that - very well advertised! Just what is needed to promote cloth in the area!

congratulations - although is a shame it has ended now!

myjobismum Sun 24-Jun-07 18:42:31

oh and also (know its a long time) but give me 8 yrs to finish having DC and train, and then i will be a qualified midwife in the area (fingers crossed) and i will promote your services!

Flame Sun 24-Jun-07 18:43:59

I'd looooooooooove to still be at this in 8 years. The Bumfluff empire will be ruling the world by then

I'm in Charminster

<sorry for the hijack too >

myjobismum Sun 24-Jun-07 18:48:57

charminster dorset, or charminster bournemouth?

myjobismum Sun 24-Jun-07 18:49:20

always get confused about the 2!

morocco Sun 24-Jun-07 23:39:10

don't really like my fluffles and they have the look of a bedraggled poodle for some reason, even though i hardly use them
love love love my bumhuggers but they are not the slimmest, although the ella's house hemp are lovely and slim
bambineos are cute and cuddly too

Flame Mon 25-Jun-07 00:03:33

Sorry, been out - Bournemouth

myjobismum Tue 26-Jun-07 11:23:02

how wierd flame - when i was typing to you on sunday, I was in charminster too!!! at my mums, a strange thought that we were as good as on each others doorsteps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now