Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Bit of advice please

(7 Posts)
vikki75 Sat 23-Jun-07 08:28:01

Hi,

I just wondered if anyone can help me out on a question I have?

I'm new to cloth and am expecting my 4th in 7 weeks so am trying to get as much information as possibe.

I have been picking nappies up for the past few months and here is what I currently have.

20 bamboozles size 1
6 bimbles
2 minki waffles
8 prefolds
5 rikki wraps

I was given the minkis/prefolds so am not sure about how to use them or if they are any good?

Would you say that the above list is enough? Also just reading other posts i'm worried if i should have got size 2s? my last baby was 9lbs 1oz and although they are inducing me at 38 weeks I still think we are looking at about 8lbs.

Any help would be great thanks Vikki x

archiesmummy Sat 23-Jun-07 10:23:29

Sorry can't help but bumping for you.

We didn't start that early and never used 2 part nappies apart from motherease so no expert, sorry...

Flamesparrow Sat 23-Jun-07 10:29:57

They will be fine - most will stay in size 1 for a few months at least.

I've not used the minki waffles, but they are meant to be good. The rikki wraps - are they small or extra small? I know that extra small are meant to be better with prefolds unless you are nippaing them.

Prefolds - you either fold them in three and just place them inside the wrap and the wrap holds it in place, or you can do them up with a nippa (will just go find a link now).

Flamesparrow Sat 23-Jun-07 10:31:06

here It sounds as if you have plenty btw

vikki75 Sat 23-Jun-07 11:55:11

Thanks I was thinking about maybe using the prefolds for the first few weeks then going on to bamboozles but have heard so many mixed reviews about prefolds not containing baby poo very well that it has put me off a bit

The wraps that i have are small but I do have a few cotton bottoms ones in newborn that are tiny so might use them if I decide on prefolds.

I'm having a boy so would the pad fold be ok or will i need to master another one lol

tutu100 Sat 23-Jun-07 12:49:40

The main problem I found with prefolds and bf poo is that the poo tends to leak on to the wrap. However it never escaped the wrap. It's just annoying though because it means you need more wraps than you might do with a 2 part shaped nappy system. I have heard of people nippaing prefolds, which is supposed to improve their containment, but I never tried this.

I've tried many different nappies and didn't really like prefolds to start with, but now I do like them (DS is 2). They dry very quickly, they are very cheap compared to other systems so you can afford to have a few more wraps. Also once they start doing solid poos then the wraps (for ds) last sevral changes.

vikki75 Sat 23-Jun-07 14:12:25

thanks for the advice, I might give them a go can only try lol

I was given them anyway so they aren't going to go to waste as can use them for burping cloths

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now