Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Newborn nappying - how does this sound?

(4 Posts)
Ceolas Thu 21-Jun-07 08:29:06

We are getting 10 tots bots size 1 from the council. I also have 2 swaddlebees, 1 ME Sandy's and a Bambineo. Also borrowing a pack of about 12 Bambino Mio from a friend. We'll have about 7-8 wraps in total.

I don't want to buy loads more shaped nappies til we see what the baby's like (weight, wetting, pooing habits, etc!).

Does that sound like enough to get us off to a resonable start?

i have no advice as my baby is due in August but i will be a first timer with the cloth as well so will be watching this!

Chirpygirl Thu 21-Jun-07 09:08:54

More than enough to get you started. I started with about 7 or 8 shaped and 3 wraps. As long as you have some good websites bookmarked most of them deliver in a couple of days anyway so you can then order the ones you like.
Also don't forget pooing and nappy routine don't start properly until about 6 weeks (ish) once all teh major growth spurts are over!

bagpuss Thu 21-Jun-07 09:40:11

I would also try to get hold of half a dozen terries and some muslins and boosters (tots are good). They are all relatively cheap and can be used for other things once the baby gets bigger.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now