Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Boys and Potty's... I find don't mix, anyone had any experience of...

(9 Posts)
MrsFish Wed 20-Jun-07 22:50:44

Well I have tried ds on a potty but he gets his bits stuck, ie, they don't easily fall into place where they should so to speak. He is only just 2 so haven't particularly started potty training in ernest was just introducing things. I have since bought one of those padded seats with handles for them to hold onto that go on the toilet but haven't tried him with it yet.

Was searching the tinternet earlier for alternatives and found this The Weeman, has anyone had any experience of it?

mamama Thu 21-Jun-07 02:59:40

Oh, I'm having the same problem too with DS (21 months).

I like the idea of the weeman but I would like him to learn to pee sitting down. He makes enough mess as is! Why are potties not designed for little boys?

NotQuiteCockney Thu 21-Jun-07 06:18:28

I find potties are fine, you just have to make sure the willy is pointed into it. We put a fairly wide range of boys on the potty at the co-op, and they cope fine.

I don't think a two-year-old would get on with a urinal. The two and three-year-olds I'm dealing with seem to think aiming is a "hands free" task.

MrsFish Thu 21-Jun-07 08:06:08

So what's best, starting with a potty or straight to the toilet?

IdrisTheDragon Thu 21-Jun-07 08:08:00

I found DS was fine on the potty (but he is good at making sure his willy is poked in ).

We have one from morrisons that cost 99p.

kat23 Fri 22-Jun-07 10:59:47

I gave up on the potty and got a step for him to stand on at the toilet. It worked a treat and I got a seat inner for poos. The only thing is he now doesn't alway watch what he is doing a misses i.e. what you doing,looks out the bathroom door etc. Don't worry each child is not the same.

foxinsocks Fri 22-Jun-07 11:02:35

potty chairs are best I found (if you are going down the potty route)

like this one

they just eventually get into the habit of pointing it down (tis difficult, because the penis gets scrunched up in their underpants and often isn't pointing in the right direction if they just pull their pants down without readjusting!)

MrsFish Fri 22-Jun-07 13:29:35

Funny you should say that foxinsocks, I have been out since first thing and have been and bought that exact potty chair from mothercare he sat on it quite happily in the shop so will see how we get on

Oblomov Fri 22-Jun-07 13:45:02

Potty chairs are best. They need to be bIG, for boys.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Teddy-Bear-Potty-Chair_W0QQitemZ140131129120QQihZ004QQcategoryZ37631QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is the one ds's nursery uses. I bought the same. They are big enough and have been brilliant. See the bit at the front, that... helps to make sure willy is tucked in... and down !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now