Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

has anyone tried a pocket bots nappy? or got suggestions for another pocket nappy?

(36 Posts)
kreamkrackers Wed 20-Jun-07 21:19:44

here

any thoughts?

need a couple of nappies for when i'm out with dd2. we only use bambineos with poppers but she's getting very hard to change whilst we're out as she's rolling over all the time. i was thinking a pocket nappy will be the answer to this and came across this one.

have ordered some swaddlebees for dd1 but dd2 won't fit in them for another few months and i can't go on like this when we're out (was on a train trying to change her and it didn't have a strap to hold her on the changing unit and it was bloody hard to keep her on there and change her pooey bum). i want one that doesn't leak, has poppers, looks nice and boosts well.

TIA

nappyzone Wed 20-Jun-07 21:50:31

Hiya, i had a look at these a month or so back with a view to stocking them but the insert stuffing from the middle i just didnt get - do you get mess all over you? they look nice though but reminded me to much of a swaddlebees. Have you tried good ol wonderoos? Pockets i find so easy - drybees are good to as are happy heinys. ooooo and pea pods - now there cute! If oyu decide on a pocket bot let me know what you think - also i wasnt sure if you had to buy a custom insert where the ones i mentioned use a same size one and the pea pod comes with one. Hope that helps. I love pockets (obviously) and your right a rolling gymnastic baby gettign one piece on is bad enough but then having to put another on - oooo now thats hard work ad frustrating and i dont do the latter by choice

snugglebumnappies Wed 20-Jun-07 22:01:12

haven't tried this one but have tried a similar one 9name escapes me now, will check tomorrow) and didn't like the adjustable elastic being inside the nappy, made it fiddly to adjust. How big is your DD2?

nappyzone Wed 20-Jun-07 22:11:18

my weenotions has fiddly elastic for the legs and though its raved about and looks the biz it doesnt do it for me.

Flamesparrow Wed 20-Jun-07 22:12:47

I finally got a wonderoo today (only had the old style one before) - sooo much better.

Actually going to get them listed now (was holding off as the old style was too unreliable).

Flamesparrow Wed 20-Jun-07 22:13:27

Fiddly elastic?

My weenotions is just like my other pockets

nappyzone Wed 20-Jun-07 22:29:36

it has that elastic and button thing going on around the legs which im constantly adjusting - it riles me. Also the popper fastening then has a button like a clothes button on the end at each side which i dont get as you would have to be as fat as my wrist to need them fastening! And to add insult to injury the orange binding has really faded and white bits on the velboa. Not looking its best. Anyway, I agree, wonderoos are alot better and i do confess to pilfering my stock! - i have an old one and its a bit dull but the newer ones seem brighter and more contained and the lingin feels nicer too.

kreamkrackers Wed 20-Jun-07 22:56:44

dd2 is 17lb2. she's long and skinny.

the wonderoos look good but would i get lost with all those poppers?

the pea pods seem very reasonably priced

i get so confused with all these nappies. i love my bambineos but it really is too hard to change her nappy when we're out.

chatelskier Thu 21-Jun-07 07:37:43

I've got one hardly used white popper stuffables small (original) if you want it. Probably only used half a dozen a couple of times. Stuffables have a leak guard, and I think they are GREAT pocket nappies - the best!
£3 including postage?
If you want it my email is woodarmailbox-chatelskier@yahoo.co.uk

Flamesparrow Thu 21-Jun-07 07:39:29

Ooh how weird - no elastic and button on mine. I use the waist buttons though - stops wing droop.

kreamkrackers Thu 21-Jun-07 09:35:24

hi chatelskier i don't think it will last that long as it says they only last up to 18lb, thanks for offering though.

Jojay Thu 21-Jun-07 09:45:26

Going off on a bit of a tangent here but thought you might like to know how much I LOVE my pea pods!!!!

Nappyzone - do yu sell them on Ebay?? If so , I think I bought it from you and it's the best pocket I've tried yet. The little bag they come in is great for changes out and about and the cotton /hemp insert seems to last longer than many I've tried. And at a fab price too! What's not to love!!!

nappyzone Thu 21-Jun-07 09:47:10

KK - ther are two rows of poppers and not confusing at all you fasten around the leg to get nice and snug then around the belly - you only adjust the rise if you need to depending on babes size. Pepods are similar fastening only without the rise adjustment as they come in small medium and large though most get away with just small and medium through to potty hood.

nappyzone Thu 21-Jun-07 09:50:07

I do and you probably did! I know i likey and sell alot. I think its good you get it all in one package if you see what i mean !

kreamkrackers Thu 21-Jun-07 09:53:35

with pocket nappies do you get the stuffing out before you wash them?

i've just ordered a pocket bots to test it out as i love the prints. what stuffing could anyone suggest for me to use with these? i want one that soaks up well.

thanks again.

kreamkrackers Thu 21-Jun-07 09:55:31

might buy a pea pod as well to try it out

nappyzone Thu 21-Jun-07 10:05:01

You let the insert drop out yes before you wash it - seperate for wahing then just re stuff after dried and washed. I dont know about the pocket bots - do you have to get a custome insert as they look alot like a swaddlebee? you would have to aske the makers. I use Microfibre inserts and they soak up well and hemp better after reaches max absorbancy and very slim so makes the nappy slimmer - i use ellas house hemp alot and microfibre ones - the hemp ones are so slim you can put in the pocket with a microfibre for extra boosting.

kreamkrackers Thu 21-Jun-07 11:11:54

do pea pods do a bamboo nappy as well, thought i seen one last night but can't find it now (hope i didn't dream it up )

nappyzone Thu 21-Jun-07 11:22:58

they do - its the insert thats bamboo, the nappy is slightly different design but i dont know why - only comes in lime gren at the moment - i havent tested it yet as some said the legs were a little less containing. I really need to try one to but the normal ones with hemp insert are fine and leg fittings seem more elasticated.

snugglebumnappies Thu 21-Jun-07 13:53:59

the pea pods bamboo outer seems to be a thinner more stretchy outer than the normal pea pods, would be good as a pull up when potty training.

The one I was thincking of last night was a Mother Eve one.

snugglebumnappies Thu 21-Jun-07 13:57:58

the pea pods bamboo outer seems to be a thinner more stretchy outer than the normal pea pods, would be good as a pull up when potty training.

The one I was thincking of last night was a Mother Eve one.

Have you got any prefolds or terry squares to stuff the Pocket Bots with? If not I would choose a hemp booster and use micro terry cloths for additional boosting if needed

snugglebumnappies Thu 21-Jun-07 13:58:31

opps, don't know what happened there

nappyzone Thu 21-Jun-07 15:52:28

i keep doing that too! it keeps previewing a message i already post so i just click again and hey presto double posts lol! isnt technology great!

kreamkrackers Thu 21-Jun-07 16:01:08

the wonderworks hemp insert looks good but it's out of stock

there's a p'titsdessous bamboo insert that looks good, says it's very versitile and i love bamboo as it's naturally antibacterial and is great at soaking

there's loads of microterry ones

i'm still confused! at least with the swaddlebee nappies i just had to get their own insert and that's that.

i've emailed pocket bots to see what they suggest but it claims it fits all inserts, but it's a slim nappy so would it be better with something like a swaddlebees insert or a standard insert. maybe i rushed into getting this nappy but it looks really nice.

might order a pea pod because at least when that comes i can use it staight away and it's good to test a few out

snugglebumnappies Thu 21-Jun-07 16:17:24

I have used the wonderworks ones folded ina fuzzis, I think they a pre tty versatile, have some in stock if you can't find one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now