Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

It was all going so WELLLLLL! [wails]

(5 Posts)
Smittals Wed 20-Jun-07 13:11:59

Right then. I am suffering Eco-Guilt. DD 6 months was in Bambino Mios, until about 4.5months, when her chunky little thighs got so big that I couldn't get a wrap that would fit properly. Cost conscious DH was fed up with me buying nappy bits and then only using them for a week, so I swapped to biodegradables. And lots of guilt. And yet more expense. Can anyone recommend a good wrap for the fat-thighed cherub, pref. prefold as I don't like the way the wee wicks all over her tummy with e.g. fluffles as she gets a rash, particularly when it's hot. Thanks!

snugglebumnappies Wed 20-Jun-07 14:00:38

mothereas rikki or bummis wraps

jeanjeannie Wed 20-Jun-07 14:05:14

Well, i can definately recommend the Nature Babies wrap. I almost gave up on reusables because I just couldn't get a wrap right for dd. I didn't get on with the velcro - but am really getting on well with the poppers version. And it's got a great soft leg gusset and they come in lots of fab colours and patterns....which makes me smile!

Mumfun Wed 20-Jun-07 14:17:57

Would you like to try a pocket nappy - keep the baby completely dry? Did you mean that you have prefolds - if so you could stuff the pocket with them. The wee goes through the fleece lining into the prefold and baby's skin isnt damp.

Wee Notions are very good, very gorgeous and have completely adjustable leg elastic. WWW. weenotions.co.uk.

Smittals Mon 25-Jun-07 12:17:26

Hi, thanks for all the advice, sorry I didn't get back to you earlier but we haven't got internet at the mo. Will do a bit of research and have a go. Our bin is full and we are on alternate week collection so if a tonne of festering weaning nappies is not enough of an incentive there's no hope for us!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now