Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

The cloth nappy pass on thread.

(26 Posts)
Lostmyemailaddress Sat 30-Dec-17 13:10:56

This thread is to post any offers of any type of cloth nappies.
I have some little bloom pocket nappies and extra boosters. They are mainly bug car and dinosaur in design that ds4 didn't use for very long and I am also going to sort through dd3s nappy as she is now finally growing out of size 1 of the bambino mio am happy to post pics. If anyone is interested pm me and I'll happily post them to you after the 9th Jan when my dcs go back to school. smile

Zhx3 Sat 30-Dec-17 13:20:54

I don't need nappies but wanted to say this is a lovely thing to do. Many years ago I offered my cloth nappies to a MNer, well over £200 of nappies. She said she was skint so I paid postage too. I never even got a thank you or an acknowledgement that they had arrived! I remember feeling a bit put out! Your thread just dredged that memory up from my early days on Mumsnet. But it's a great way to reuse smile.

GummyGoddess Sat 30-Dec-17 13:38:52

As soon as the Christmas stuff has been put away I'll see how many little lambs I have (They are where the Christmas stuff is stored and I can't get to them). I have two different sizes, some bamboo and some microfiber and many many covers for them.

Callamia Sat 30-Dec-17 13:47:29

I’ve got some nappy wraps (blueberry I think), and some prefolds. Happy to pass on.

I’ve got a 5m old, and I usually use flips for him.

Lostmyemailaddress Sat 30-Dec-17 13:54:31

I'm sorry you had a bad experience Zhx3 sad
Hopefully the thread will be of some use.

BWatchWatcher Sat 30-Dec-17 15:45:50

Anyone in Belfast? I have a huge nappy stash I'm happy to pass on.

DrSeuss Sat 30-Dec-17 21:24:07

Hello from sunny Teesside! I have Totsbots, Fluffles and about a dozen terry squares which I would happily teach you to fold. Could deliver to North Yorks, Durham, Teesside and maybe Leeds.

Lostmyemailaddress Sun 31-Dec-17 09:47:10

This is the set of pocket nappies if anyone is interested I will give them another wash before sending. There are 7 of them and I should have an extra booster once I have been through dd3s nappies. Will put a pic up of the bambino mio once I have.

BelfastSmile Sun 31-Dec-17 12:48:42

Oh, @BWatchWatcher I'm in Belfast and might be interested - what do you have? Our stash has survived DS, and is now serving DD, but a few of the nappies aren't that waterproof any more, so I could use 5-6 more.

BWatchWatcher Sun 31-Dec-17 13:20:09

It wouldn't let me pm photos!

BWatchWatcher Sun 31-Dec-17 13:22:10

There are inners for all of them! Though slightly chaotic!

Lostmyemailaddress Sun 31-Dec-17 13:49:01

These are the 1st size bambino mio I can post if anyone wants them. They have a yellow tinge from a rogue duster getting in the wash and I'm not sure how to get them out without using bleach which I don't want to use incase it destroys them. I will wash again before posting.

BelfastSmile Sun 31-Dec-17 16:35:28

Oh, @BWatchWatcher, I'm only seeing this now! We currently use Bumgenius and Blueberry all-in-ones, so anything along those lines would be fab!

BelfastSmile Sun 07-Jan-18 15:33:01

Just picked up some nappies from @BWatchWatcher - thank you, and lovely to meet you!

BWatchWatcher Sun 07-Jan-18 15:47:57

You are v welcome @BelfastSmile! Still have plenty left if anyone in Belfast needs them.

GummyGoddess Fri 19-Jan-18 21:15:52

Partly bumping, but also partly saying that my nappies are gone now. Very opportune time as I've been decluttering like mad grin

Bluedoglead Thu 25-Jan-18 05:55:56

What a great idea. I have some in the attic I will have a hunt at the weekend

Mostly unused flip wraps, some bambino moi warps amd some pockets with inners.

Have some little lambs and some bamboo boosters somewhere too.

I’ll come back to this once I sort what I have

AlbusPercival Thu 25-Jan-18 06:09:38

I'm really keen to try washables with DS but he's just going into 18-24 month clothes so no idea where to start

MiniMummy576 Tue 13-Feb-18 16:18:05

Do you still have the nappies or has someone asked for them? I'd be very interested if you still have them - am happy to pay for postage!

thatwouldbeanecumenicalmatter Tue 13-Feb-18 16:24:54

Hi @AlbusPercival did you get sorted? I can give you a few pointers for type/brand for an 18 month + smile

Hotpinkangel19 Sun 18-Feb-18 15:00:55

Is this thread still active? If anyone has any ideas for using cloth for a newborn I would be grateful, not sure which ones would be best/too small/big! Do I need a wet bag and a bucket? Thank you!

MacTweedy Sun 18-Feb-18 21:06:23

My almost 2 year old leaks every night, without fail. She wears a size 7 pampers and still leaks so I was thinking about washables as I think you can add extra boosters- is that right? Any advice please?

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sat 24-Feb-18 21:07:11

Hi all. I don't want to derail your frankly brilliant thread, but for those of you who need advice you could also contact the UK Nappy Libraries Network
We also have a donations group on Facebook where we can help you pass on preloved nappies and accessories.

Willieowinsbury Tue 06-Mar-18 05:43:12

Interesting thread - if anyone else is clearing out their old stash, I'd be keen to buy them or pay postage. From the research I've done I'm thinking cotton or hemp prefolds and wraps eg Motherease will suit us but I'm also open to suggestions. DS due in June.

TeaPleaseBob Thu 15-Mar-18 07:03:05

I have a big box of cotton prefolds that will do someone a turn. I’d be happy to send for postage costs.
There’s 3 different sizes that would cover birth- potty although not as many newborn size as I used these most and not all survived (they were preloved when I got them so have generally survived well).
I’ll look them out once DD in nursery and update exactly what I have.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now