Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Buying used reusable nappies?

(7 Posts)
Misslemon01 Fri 15-Dec-17 08:44:26

Is it gross to buy used reusable nappies on gumtree or eBay? I was hoping to get some Bum Geniuses, which are £20 each and I will need probably 15-20, which is a lot of money.

Are there any forums for buying reusable nappies, new or used?

IceniLacuna Fri 15-Dec-17 08:47:26

There are indeed. There's nothing gross about it but I would do a hot wash yourself before using them to be sure they are clean.

Ebay will not allow used reusables to be advertised

MentholBreeze Fri 15-Dec-17 08:50:20

It's pretty normal where I am - most people buy a bundle from someone else, then add some bits, some bits get ruined, and sell it on when their child grows out of it. When I got some for my second baby I just waited for some to come up on the local parents mailing list.

I agree with Iceni - make sure you boil-wash them first!

greendale17 Fri 15-Dec-17 09:03:21

It is consider pretty normal in the real nappy circles.

Misslemon01 Fri 15-Dec-17 09:09:19

Thank you, that's great to hear! Anyone in London who can recommend a forum?

ThreeTwins Sun 24-Dec-17 14:32:11

Yes it's quite normal and an awful lot cheaper! Facebook sites like "preloved cloth nappies and accessories" and "cloth bum mums sales (uk)" are great for buying and also for advice. Lots of other FB pages for specific brands/types. Ebay can be very hit and miss. Officially not allowed to sell 'used' nappies there but lots slip through the net by calling them "preloved". Research what youre looking for and common problems to look out for, eg bumgenius get slack elastics, mio solos get leaky PUL. As pp's say, give them a good wash (or 2!) And you're good to go.

Sashkin Sat 13-Jan-18 21:23:14

“The nappy lady buying and selling” FB page is pretty active. I’ve bought a few bits and bobs from there and it’s always been pretty painless - it’s a nice community.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: