Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Am I being naive to think I can use flats (muslin) from birth?

(4 Posts)
SundayLunchHappy Thu 19-Oct-17 17:56:56

Hello,

Had an interesting chat with a lady this afternoon who is looking at switching to cloth now her baby is coming up to two months old.

I'm pregnant with first dc and was under the impression that with the system I plan to use I will be fine from the get go.

From the research I've done my plan was to invest in decent terries, some bamboo terries, a variety of boosters and liners and then just fold according to baby's size, possibly just with muslin in the early days with a motherease wrap over the top.

I didn't think baby had to be a certain shape/weight before hand, or is that true for shaped nappies and all in ones?

Any nappy guru advice much appreciated!

GummyGoddess Thu 19-Oct-17 18:04:24

I would suggest not buying a whole set before baby is here. The entire first set I had did not suit my baby and they were little lamb ones so not rubbish. I now use cheap generic pocket ones and they're amazing, don't leak and don't need checking every hour.

CatWithKittens Sun 22-Oct-17 11:14:48

We have used flat nappies - muslins at first then 60cm terries (and 75cm terries at night later) for all our five children and had no problems and the only rare leaks were when either I or DH failed to tuck the nappy into the wrap (old fashioned, but effective, plastic pants) properly. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Eeeeek2 Wed 22-Nov-17 21:44:04

I’ve used reusables (little lambs) from when the cord fell off because I couldn’t work out how to accommodate a cord with reusables.

Some type of reusable require a bigger baby such as all in ones and a newborn are too small for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now