Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Mother-ease one size nappies

(4 Posts)
cakesandphotos Sat 16-Sep-17 18:20:53

I bought some mother-ease nappes preloved which arrived today. I'm finding the whole cloth nappies world very confusing and hard to get my head round. These nappies say they're birth to potty. How does that work? They don't look huge! And they don't seem very thick, will I need a booster? I'm looking into the local nappy library but even finding that daunting! Any help massively appreciated smile

GremlinGreen Sat 16-Sep-17 18:29:14

You will need a booster- did they come with any? Bamboo boosters are more absorbant than cotton.

Although they say birth to potty, they will probably be too big for a newborn.

I'm a bit out the loop with nappies as my youngest is now school age, but motherease have been around a long time, and the more modern nappies are probably better if your budget allows.

Nan0second Sat 16-Sep-17 18:33:20

Motherease are great. They prob don't need a booster for newborns but will in the longer run.
There is a way of folding them down to make them newborn size.
You will then need a wrap over the top. Again motherease wraps are great.
Take them to your nappy library, they will help you.
Actually modern cloth nappies are not always better - tend to be less absorbent if all in one types and leak more than traditional 2 parters!
Recommend little lamb bamboo boosters (double or triple). Plus you'll need a fleece liner.

Nan0second Sat 16-Sep-17 18:35:26

There are a few cloth nappy threads in here which are worth reading.
The worcs nappy library page is very good (google).
Incidentally those one size only fit my daughter for a year (but she was massive) but you can make them a lot bigger by clipping them differently

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now