Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Why no small shops do pull-ups???

(16 Posts)
Blisss Sun 28-May-17 20:59:43

Sorry, I need a rant!
I understand it's Sunday and hardly anywhere is open after 5pm.
My 5 yo DS is still wet at night and so needs to wear a pull up. As I'm getting him ready for bed tonight I realise I've completely ran out 🙈
Have a moan to the poor DP before going on a mission for some pull-ups.
Only the small shops are open, and they only have nappies for babies.
I think they should at least all stock pull-ups too because I came home empty handed and now my DS if just going to wet the bed 😔

mamapants Sun 28-May-17 21:05:28

Couldn't you buy a nappy for him?

Snap8TheCat Sun 28-May-17 21:07:36

A nappy would have done the same job. A pull up is just a type of nappy.

I sympathise with the wet bed, my DS still isn't dry at 10 but needs must.

RatOnnaStick Sun 28-May-17 21:11:42

Whoops. Better layer up the bedclothes with a towel in between so when you have a 3am change its all a bit less traumatic.

I get my pullups on Amazon subscribe and save, they just arrive every couple of months without me having to remember to buy them.

YoniFucker Sun 28-May-17 21:20:31

Why can't he just wear a nappy?

TupperwareTat Sun 28-May-17 21:24:44

I would get a large nappie & put pants over the top.

Tesco value pull ups are great when you can get to a Tesco. I was really pleased with them, They are cheap, but work well. Lidls are great too.

GlitteryFluff Sun 28-May-17 21:34:10

Can you put a sanitary pad in a pair of pants to try to reduce wetness?

Blisss Sun 28-May-17 21:37:12

The only reason I didn't want to buy a nappy was for when he does go to the toilet (before he goes to bed) he can't pull it down as easily. Plus they're really expensive in small shops for a tiny pack it's ridiculous.
I have some dry night bed mats which I'll have to put down so if he sets the bed I can just peel it off without hopefully needing to change the sheets

RatOnnaStick Sun 28-May-17 21:52:41

That'll do it. Layer the sheets so the clean on is ready underneath when you strip it later.

YoniFucker Sun 28-May-17 22:21:31

You could try lifting him too. Just pick him up and put him on the loo half awake, he's likely to wee and then move likely to stay dry.

Auspiciouspanda Sun 28-May-17 22:23:22

Because small shops are small so they have to stock things that will actually sell?

Blisss Sun 28-May-17 22:24:02

Will try that too, when I go to bed I'll lift him but wish me luck, hasn't gone well in the past when I've done that as he just wakes and cries and refuses to see 🙈

Blisss Sun 28-May-17 22:24:12

To wee sorry

Firenight Sun 28-May-17 22:27:45

I would just grab the largest nappies - even for my 7 year old!

BeyondStrongAndStable Sun 28-May-17 22:32:03

At a push, use something like Tena pants or pads if the nappies are only in tiny size smile

(My DS also deals better with wearing a pad like mummy rather than a nappy like a baby)

Blisss Sun 28-May-17 22:43:14

The pads are a good idea and I'll keep that in mind for future reference. Thank you. Hopefully it's advice I don't need to take though lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now