Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Leaky nappies

(12 Posts)
Kalinka16 Thu 16-Mar-17 07:11:07

Any advice for which brand/size I can switch to, to avoid nighttime leaking nappies? Currently use Pampers, went up to 5+ but that's not stopped the recent spate of leaks. The washing (especially of sleeping bags) and full-toddler changes at 3am are driving me crazy...!!

skyyequake Thu 16-Mar-17 07:13:00

I use Asda Little Angels and find they leak far less especially over night! And they do a size 5+ too

Kalinka16 Thu 16-Mar-17 07:14:26

Thanks! I'm not in the uk though, so no Asda here sad

Foreverhopeful22 Thu 16-Mar-17 07:16:13

I use pampers night nappies

FurryGiraffe Thu 16-Mar-17 07:18:39

You can get washable bamboo boosters for use in reusables. They're super absorbent and not expensive. You could try popping one of those inside a disposable. Still have to do some washing but it's much less of a faff!

Zephyroux1 Thu 16-Mar-17 07:21:23

I had this and have solved it by a pampers babydry nappy with a pampers nappy pants nappy on top. It sounds really wasteful but for me it's better than the change of clothes, bedding etc at night. Also more recently the top nappy has stayed dry so I just take the bottom one off and pull the pants up again!

buttonmoonb4tea Thu 16-Mar-17 07:22:54

I second little angels from ASDA

OutnumberedbyFurchesters Thu 16-Mar-17 07:26:30

If you're not in the UK, where are you so we can best advise?

I had to change from Pampers too due to leakage, Aldi was the best I found for us. How old is DC?

user1474462227 Thu 16-Mar-17 07:28:59

Try going up a size to size 6. Pampers baby dry as they are meant for the night.

yellowpuffafish Thu 16-Mar-17 07:38:00

I also use 2 nappies for my DS. Otherwise he's soaked through in the morning..

Kalinka16 Thu 16-Mar-17 08:09:57

Thanks for all the replies! DD is 27 months and it's only recently that this has started happening. We use Pampers Baby Dry (in fact we've never used any other brand with either of our girls). We're in the Netherlands, so easy access to all global brands and then some local ones. The idea of the cloth insert isn't a bad one at all... we'll be going on holiday soonish so definitely went to get this nailed before then (can't be doing with all the leaks and washing on holiday, it's bad enough at home with a washing machine on hand).

skyyequake Thu 16-Mar-17 08:46:30

At 27 months I would suggest taking her up to a size 6... DD is 20 months and has been in size 5+ since before Christmas so maybe look into whether the 5+ is getting a bit small! I always find that the absorbancy goes before it's obvious that the nappies don't fit anymore...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now