Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Which nappie is best at night for baby who almost always leaks.

(13 Posts)
Aussiebean Sun 12-Mar-17 10:22:48

Hi

We are struggling with our 20 month old who will almost always leaks at night.

We have tried 2 nappies, limiting his drinking at night, pull up nappies and going up a size.

Nothing seems to hold it all in and he will wake with a wet patch and he hates being fully changed at night. Plus we hate having to change everything and the bed sheets as well.

Any advice on the best nappies that will last him the night?

Thank you

polkadotdelight Sun 12-Mar-17 10:25:14

Does he like to stick his hands in his nappy? DS has done this a few times and pulled his willy out of the side - we have had quite a few leaks this way.

BingThing Sun 12-Mar-17 10:34:13

Do you make sure his willy is pushed down? Is it leaking from top or side of nappy? I always used pampers baby dry at night they seemed to hold it. Also you could try layers of sheets with huggies drynights bed mats (they stick in place) in between each layer - so you can just remove a layer and have clean dry layer ready made underneath!?

Aussiebean Sun 12-Mar-17 10:37:51

Yes, he does like to check everything is still there so we make sure it's down and we put him in a onsie with studs so he can get back in

Although his may not be working as it is mostly on his stomach.

Aussiebean Sun 12-Mar-17 10:38:36

Can't get back in

grant10 Mon 13-Mar-17 11:00:33

This is probably not a suggestion you'll welcome, but have you tried putting him in a terry nappy at night? We often had leaking problems when using a disposable, but with a kite folded terry boosted with a second nappy we've never had a problem. Make sure all the nappy's tucked in to the wrap around his legs to ensure there's no wee escape.
Good luck with all the options you try!

Duckyneedsaclean Mon 13-Mar-17 11:02:23

Pampers active fit hold the most, I find.

HateSummer Mon 13-Mar-17 11:07:06

Does he wear a vest that buttons up under the nappy to hold it in place? My ds used to leak through nappies, but going up a size worked for us. Try a larger size and fastening it tighter at the waist so that the sticky parts overlap.

Also, I found pampers were the worst nappies for leakage, closely followed by huggies. I always used ASDA little angels and they were brilliant.

Notso Mon 13-Mar-17 11:11:17

Try a reusable wrap over a disposable nappy. Bumgenius and Motherease and a fleece one were ones I used although there's probably loads of new types now.

Kalinka16 Thu 16-Mar-17 07:12:25

I just posted a similar question! Will check these replies...

Afreshstartplease Thu 16-Mar-17 07:14:23

Pampers active fit here too

Foreverhopeful22 Thu 16-Mar-17 07:17:32

Pampers nights but I have to put her in a vest top with poppers so she can't undo it

Aussiebean Fri 17-Mar-17 19:57:31

Thank you for the advice.

We got the mats for the bed and trying the pull ups for toilet training. While it's seems for older children he fits them.

So far so good.

If not I'm coming back to this thread.

Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now