Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Green/blue wee in nappy?!

(5 Posts)
FTM85 Fri 10-Mar-17 22:37:55

Hi all

I changed my 6 week old lg's nappy just now and there seems to be a blue/green liquid in there. I can't work out if it's due from the nappy or he urine?!

She has been really fussy the past few days, getting hot (from crying) and fussing while feeding (a lot) and I'd put this down to the 6 week growth sport but now I'm paranoid she has a uti?!

Any experience with this?

MrsEricBana Fri 10-Mar-17 23:37:08

How weird. Probably just the nappy - fresh nappy on and see if it happens again. Could you possibly have eaten something odd that affected your milk and hence her urine? Just googled and there is a very rare thing, I kid you not, called Blue Diaper Syndrome or Hartnups Disease where unusual protein metabolism can cause bluish urine (controlled by high protein diet). So I guess pop to GP if keeps happening. Bound to be nothing though x

JaneJeffer Fri 10-Mar-17 23:58:33

It's probably a bit of gel has escaped from the nappy but if you're worried get some medical advice. Hope all will be ok.

FTM85 Sat 11-Mar-17 04:15:27

Thank you ladies - and sorry for writing in the wrong section!

MrsEricBana Wed 15-Mar-17 20:43:07

Hi, Any progress? Hope all OK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now