Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Witholding poo

(2 Posts)
billandbenny Tue 27-Feb-07 21:36:12

My 4 year old has been holding her poo for 4 days with constant tummy cramps every time she eats. Instead of doing a poo she panics and says she is tired and wants to go to bed. She lies quietly until the cramps pass and then she is jolly again. But as the days pass she has dark shadows under her eyes is becoming less and less active and withdrawn. It is heartbreaking to watch. I feel quite desperate. She managed a tiny poo this morning and this after noon when I made her put her nappy on when she had a cramp - oh, forgot to mention, we have been struggling with the not-pooing-in-toilet issue until now. She wees in the loo but not poo. Insists on nappy for poo. We were making progress with this as she had at least starting to sit on the loo wearing her nappy. But she said that when she did a poo last the cramps hurt her. I'm giving her a teaspoon of slippery elm as recommended by a naturopath to help ease it. It is so distressing for her...and me!

Muminfife Wed 28-Feb-07 00:00:21

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now