Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

No second hand cloth on ebay?!?!?!

(58 Posts)
MyNamesNotDaveItsRodney Sat 24-Feb-07 22:12:10

petition here

To do with americans and used underwear

tutu100 Sat 24-Feb-07 22:58:20

I had one of my listings for a used fuzzi bunz removed today and I couldn't understand why. I wonder if that's the reason. What madness!

horsemadgal Sat 24-Feb-07 23:07:10

Crazy! Can't understand it though, eBay would lose a fortune.
M x

Spidermama Sat 24-Feb-07 23:09:59

Damn! I've been planning to sell my enormous stock of nappies and wraps for ages now but never got round to it. How ridiculous.

I wonder if research from pampers/huggies has found some spurious link. Or am I being overly cynical?

tutu100 Sat 24-Feb-07 23:28:27

If they refuse to let us list on ebay, i shall be putting all my stuff on the nappy lady's classifieds. The only reason I didn't do that this time was because I didn't know how much to ask for stuff. I have emailed ebay to ask why my listing was removed as they weren't clear in the original email. I'll let people know what they say when they get back to me.

tutu100 Sun 25-Feb-07 10:03:23

I recieved an email from ebay today confirming that the reason my listing was removed was because you can not sell used cloth nappies on ebay! I have emailed them back pointing out that they need to make this clear, and that there are hundreds of used nappies for sale on ebay at present. I also pointed out that I felt they were making a mistake in banning the sale of second hand cloth as the market for it is huge. I have also told them that I will obviuosly have to take my business elsewhere and sell through another website. I shall be putting my nappies up for sale on the nappy lady website and I suggest that anyone else who wants to sell their cloth nappies does this too as well as advertising them on here. If anyone else has this problem please email ebay and complain. I am so angry!

makesachange Sun 25-Feb-07 17:53:59

My goodness! I've never heard of this before.

Mind you, I'm not an ebay fan at all. I've been looking into www.tazbar.com

I'll do some research, though, as this is rediculous.

Emma

tutu100 Sun 25-Feb-07 18:00:59

Thank you, i can't believe it either. I still have two lots of used cloth nappies up for sale on ebay that they haven't removed yet so it will be interesting to see if they do remove them.

claireybee Mon 26-Feb-07 11:44:50

There are still lots of used nappies on ebay at the moment. How ridiculous is that though if they are stopping them?! Its not like we'd be selling them unwashed!

2kidsmum Mon 26-Feb-07 11:46:09

bugger - i was about to list mine

2kidsmum Mon 26-Feb-07 12:13:43

petition

Hulababy Mon 26-Feb-07 12:27:40

Have signed.

Paddlechick666 Mon 26-Feb-07 12:47:45

how ridiculous!

i've signed the petition.

was hoping to sell my Motherease OS as dd is almost too big for them and raise some cash to buy another bigger sort!

washingqueen Mon 26-Feb-07 13:07:13

OMG can't believe this is for real. What a shame for people who can't afford to buy all their nappies 'brand new' (like me...lol).

I hope this doesn't affect the nappy lady classifieds too

kittypants Mon 26-Feb-07 13:09:27

its complete madness.without second hand nappies i wouldnt have tried cloth,i resell all ones that dont fit or i just dont get on with and buy more.

kateyp Mon 26-Feb-07 15:37:22

How ridiculous. I bought lots of bamboozles only the other week off eBay and am delighted.
And also thought that it is surely part of the whole point of using cloth? In that someone has already used them, then I use them, then someone else does etc etc - so it isn't just one baby that doesn't use disposables it is LOTS of babies!

MyNamesNotDaveItsRodney Mon 26-Feb-07 16:15:24

Been on an ebay forum (god I'm sad!) - discussing the loophole of GIVING used nappies away - say £25 for a nappy nippa, and get 5 tots bots free.

staceym11 Mon 26-Feb-07 16:37:15

this is so stupid, i just had a birth-potty train nappy nation set delivered that i brought off ebay (only £114.50) and had to be listed as used and she had used 3 of the nappies! they are all immaculate condition. theres no way i would have afforded brand new and i would have carried on using disposables, even tho i didnt want to!

can't believe they would stop you selling on, its not like you dont wash them before you send etc. and people buying know they are second hand and still want them, whats the problem|?!?!

Paddlechick666 Mon 26-Feb-07 16:40:42

personally i think anyone buying 2nd hand nappies from me should feel lucky that their LO was wearing something my wonderful dd has poo'd in already!!!

staceym11 Mon 26-Feb-07 16:45:37

here here paddlechick! lol

washingqueen Mon 26-Feb-07 20:39:39

I wish I could say the same - DS leaves nasty skid-marks in all his nappies (through the fleece liners I might add); therefore completely trashing their resale value (lol)

washingqueen Mon 26-Feb-07 20:42:23

Just wanted to clarify...I do wash his nappies thoroughly (with PHP nappy soak too)

Mind you...nearly all of our nappy collection is second-hand to begin with!

Paddlechick666 Mon 26-Feb-07 20:48:47

i have to say, since putting dd back into cloth this week, i've been pleasantly surprised.

her poo is impressive in it's spread and stickiness but the nappies are coming up really clean!

washingqueen Mon 26-Feb-07 20:54:58

Change of thread direction I know.....but please tell me your secret

SAHMof1 Mon 26-Feb-07 20:58:54

Tons of washing advice here

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: