Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

nappies in south africa - urgent!

(5 Posts)
somesunshineplease Sat 24-Feb-07 10:43:46

we are embarking on a 3 week trip to SA this afternoon! i was hoping that we could easily use pampers in SA, we use the Nature recyclable ones here. But after one day of trying pampers here dd (6months) has a nappy rash for the first time ever! Anyone in SA or been there who can recommend an alternative? Pleeeeease! No room in the suitcase for 100's of nappies.....

kittypants Sat 24-Feb-07 10:45:45

how about using fleece liners in the pampers?would that work?

Mistiek Sat 24-Feb-07 11:15:27

Hello,
I come from SA but have had my kids here so my experience is not great. I know they have both pampers and huggies in SA and while I was there last year for 3 weeks I used pampers with no problems. However I have tried loads of different nappies on my son and he never gets nappy rash so his skin might not be as sensitive.

I am due to speak to my sister today (as DS1 is on hols there at the moment with his Nana) so will ask her her apinion as her two are now 4 and were in nappies till just past 2. I will update you on what she says a bit later.

When are due to be going?

Mistiek Sat 24-Feb-07 11:51:07

Hello Somesunshine,
Sorry did not realise you were going today - I envy you. Hope you have a blast - the weather has been good too I hear.

I just spoke to my sister she said that she used both pampers and huggies without any problems. All I can suggest is to try one pack of pampers and if they dont work try a pack of huggies. Sorry I know this is not much help... Like i say I have used both there without any problems either. If your lo lands up with nappy rash you get a cream there in a pink tube called Fissan - its the best cream for nappy rash - much better than the sudocream here!

Hope you have a lovely holiday - you are going at the best time of the year imo.

somesunshineplease Sat 24-Feb-07 13:18:24

thanks, leaving in an hour.....!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now