Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

11 week old baby having green poo???

(4 Posts)
Oscar22 Thu 22-Feb-07 18:22:21

Hi,

in the past few weeks my baby's poo has changed from yellow to green. I have in the last couple of days completely stopped bf but don't think that has anything to do with it. The HV said that we might be overfeeding her but I thought that a baby will tell you when she has had enough food?? Any advice appreciated.
x

lovefamily Thu 22-Feb-07 21:12:59

from what ive heard green poo is normal my ds and dd both had it occassionally and its especially common with bf'ing however ive also heard that it can be associated with wind but i think that is balony
sorry cant be more clearer

juuule Thu 22-Feb-07 21:24:36

My babies always had stringy green poo when they had wind. I have read somewhere that it's something to do with the digestion and wind that causes it to turn stringy green. Perhaps the change in colour is due to the fact that your dd diet has changed (bf stopped, fully ff).

eidsvold Thu 22-Feb-07 21:26:44

I was told when this happened with my dd2 and I was breastfeeding here that she was taking more of the sweet watery foremilk and less of the hindmilk ( summer in Aus - so makes sense iyswim) and that can cause bf babies to have green poo. Very normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now