Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

ds won't poo in the potty.

(6 Posts)
ruty Thu 22-Feb-07 18:02:16

DS, 2.5, fantastic at peeing in potty, [though still haven't got our hands on a travel potty when out, anyone know where to get one?] But he always asks for a nappy to have a poo. No accidents, he always asks, but how to persuade him to poo in the potty? He just won't. He doesn't sit down to pee either, he stands and i catch it. Any advice for clueless here?

isaidno Thu 22-Feb-07 20:32:24

My DS1 always hated sitting on potty. I suggest you just use the toilet with a step so he can stand like daddy to pee.

Get a little loo seat and try to get him to poo in the toilet. it might just be the potty he doesn't like.

As for travel potty - no need - just use public toilet or in emergency wee in a bush!!!!

ruty Thu 22-Feb-07 20:46:09

he won't wee in a bush isaidno! Or a loo so far. He likes peeing in the potty, i don't quite know what the problem is. But will get a loo seat, good idea.

Rubybees Tue 27-Feb-07 14:25:55

Hello there I got my travel poty from Mothercare HTH

decafskinnylatte Tue 27-Feb-07 14:30:33

My ds had real issues with pooing anywhere but in his pants. Very glad those days are over. He was actually quite phobic about sitting on the potty or the loo. We, on the advice of our health visitor, did revert to rewarding him for asking to put a pull-up on everytime he wanted a poo. He grew out of it eventually (by the time he was 12 !) within a month or 2.

Go slowly with it and don't force the issue. He won't still be asking for nappies when he's 3.5, I'm sure of it.

NorksBride Tue 27-Feb-07 14:48:50

My DS1 did potty-training (at 3yo) with wee immediately (such a relief after his sister!) but he would poo his pants or wait until he had his nappy on at night for 3 or 4 weeks before being happy to do everything in the potty. And then it took several months before he'd start use the loo. I was quite relaxed about it all so it was no big deal.

My sisters boys both skipped the potty and went straight to standing wee's in the loo and using a small loo seat cover for poo's. Whatever they're happiest with really.

It does ALWAYS come right in the end!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now