Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

can fleece liners be tumbled on high????

(10 Posts)
lovefamily Thu 22-Feb-07 10:31:13

I know this is a stupid question but its not for me. A friend does not want to seperate out the fleece liners from her wash and wants to tumble her nappies on high and says she has been doing this for a while. I recommnded against this of course however thats what she wants to do. So.... I want to know if fleece liners can be tumbled high. It says on the packaging of my own that no tumble and washed at 40. does anyone do this that can tell me if its safe??? shes not actually a friend more of an acqaintance from my ds's school. I know this is absurd - tried to tell her but shes not interested.

LRWG Thu 22-Feb-07 12:03:37

Haven't got a clue, but will bump for you. I bump them all in the wash together and then seperate wraps and fleece liners out as I transfer to the tumble drier.

If I am be extraordinarily lazy (as it sounds as though your aquaintance is) I just bung it all in on low tumble, but this is rare.

Not much help, am I? Sorry!

LRWG Thu 22-Feb-07 12:03:54

bung them in the wash, not bump...

IntergalacticDave Thu 22-Feb-07 12:12:23

I tumble dry everything on high.

Fleec lines included

Or, at least I do when my sodding tumble dryer works [pissed off becaus ehouse looks like a Chinese laundry emoticon]

JillyBeansOnToastForDaveNW Thu 22-Feb-07 12:19:13

FLeece will go bobbly more quickly if it is tumbled but I think that is all (Fleece dries so quickly though so I just leave them - but then I don't tumble nappies either)

MegaLegs Thu 22-Feb-07 12:21:09

Like JillyBeans said they are practically dry when they come out of the washing machine - I just put them on the airer.

IntergalacticDave Thu 22-Feb-07 12:21:27

I don;t worry about fleece liners too much anywahy, because I used an old fleece blanket that I cut up, so if they get ruined its not the end of the world.

(btw, mine haven't gone bobbly yet, and I am still using the original ones from when DS1 started in washables nearly 2 years ago)

makesachange Thu 22-Feb-07 16:31:53

The answer is, it depends on the fleece quality - some will warp, others won't.

It seems pointless and energy intensive but there you go...

Emma

redbeki Sun 25-Feb-07 20:56:14

Fleece liners are practically dry when they come out of wash,they don't need to be tumble dried at all do they?half hour on airer,and they're dry.

BonyM Sun 25-Feb-07 20:57:49

If I'm rushing and don't have time to sort the liners from the nappies, I bung them all into the drier together - no problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now