Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

wambamboos best fit from what age?

(5 Posts)
maveta Mon 19-Feb-07 21:22:55

I´m only just collecting nappies now in prep for my first due in 9 weeks. Slimness is high on my list so sticking to sized shaped nappies and muslins so far.....BUT wambamboos get such good reviews I would like to get one to try out. I know they do a newborn size but it seems their btp size is sill quite slim? From how many months would you say it is genuinely a good slim fit i.e. not going to swamp them?
And does anyone know why they don´t seem to show up on ebay except as buy now?

Flamesparrow Tue 20-Feb-07 09:31:31

Yes, you can get size 1, or with some notice (I think its 4 weeks) they have even started doing a preemie size 0.

I started using size 2 at about 16 weeks, and tried it out on my nephew who was 8 weeks or so, and it looked fine. It might look a little odd on a very newborn, but if you use muslins for the first few weeks, then baby should grow into it.

They aren't really on ebay yet because they haven't been out long enough - they are mainly still on their first baby iyswim.

maveta Tue 20-Feb-07 09:51:38

Thanks flamesparrow!

makesachange Tue 20-Feb-07 11:21:45

Size 1 nappies usually fit to about 4 months, and you can use the boosters in them for overnight use in your size 2s, bonus!

We can only get them in cream (unbleached). However I heard an ickle rumour that Flame was selling tie-dye ones. Which reminds me, Flame, I wanted to ask about that - how well are they retaining colour? I may be interested in selling these for you at Makes a Change... let me know

Emma

Flamesparrow Tue 20-Feb-07 16:31:15

It seems to depend on the colour... my purple ones have stayed really bright (they are the ones in the pics) even after 6 months or so of hard wear, but the blue ones I did someone else are starting to fade (that is about the longest time frame we have tested ). I have realised that I used different dye for those though - the most recent ones have been a lot brighter even to begin with so I think I've sussed it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now