Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Free Tots Bots - Am I being pathetic?

(13 Posts)
Ceolas Sun 18-Feb-07 12:34:22

I can get free Tots Bots through our council. A pack of 10 nappies and 5 wraps. Great you might say...

But I phoned TB and it's a standard pack of coloured cotton bots with aplix. I wanted nippas. But there's no choice.

Should I just take them and make do?

Ceolas Sun 18-Feb-07 12:35:23

Sorry 4 wraps. Also didn't want colours...

Jelley Sun 18-Feb-07 12:40:51

Can you get them, sell them, and then buy what you really want?

You will need more then 10 nappies anyway, so I would just get them and use them.

Indith Sun 18-Feb-07 12:40:56

Get them, e-bay them and buy some with nippas with the money!

Ceolas Sun 18-Feb-07 12:43:06

at selling them!

Yes I will defintiely need more than 10.

UniSarah Sun 18-Feb-07 16:15:24

you can use nippa with the aplix ones. just fold the aplix back on its slef like for washing and nippa away. I did this with MEOS when boy was smaller as they fitted better nippaed. Now use a mix of popper, nippaed and aplix nappies, differnet ones are great at differnt times.

UniSarah Sun 18-Feb-07 21:47:45

Just thought. It wouldn't be too hard to un pick the aplix if you wanted to remove it compleaty.

Ceolas Sun 18-Feb-07 22:14:10

Oh never thought of thst UniSarah.

I suppose nothing ventured, nothing gained. they're free after all!

Can always dish them out on here if they'e no use

makesachange Sun 18-Feb-07 22:19:05

mmmmm.

VERY bizarre that Tots wouldn't send the others instead. Are you sure they won't do this for you??

I'd be glad to ask if you want. I'm putting an order in with them tomorrow anyway so will be speaking to them.

Emma

Ceolas Sun 18-Feb-07 22:20:51

I did ask on the phone the other day.

That's really good of you Emma, but I don't need them for a while yet so will mull it over a bit longer.

makesachange Sun 18-Feb-07 22:30:21

no prob. I'll bring it up tm anyway as I'm intrigued and it may well be an issue my customers need help with.

E

BuffysMum Sun 18-Feb-07 22:32:29

wish we could get free anything nappy related off our council!

makesachange Tue 20-Feb-07 20:51:33

Ceolas, I spoke to TB and they say that it's the council's decision, not theirs.

I asked whether you could get the pack, then send it back to Tots for a replacement and they said possibly... not too keen though.

They said that if you phoned to discuss it they'd try to help (it depended on who your council is). I'd give that a go.

I spoke to Theresa - she may remember the conversation with me (Emma from Makes a Change) if you speak to her.

Emma

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: