Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Someone give me a kick up the bum!!

(21 Posts)
Paddlechick666 Sun 18-Feb-07 09:57:32

Hi

I have got a full set of Motherease nappies which I was using pretty regularly until we moved end of last August.

Since then I have seriously got into a rut of using disposable all the time.

DD is 15 months and I'm a bit nervous of going back into washables altho I have no idea why!

Someone give me a kick up the butt and get me started again please!!!

TIA

WanderingTrolley Sun 18-Feb-07 10:00:50

Ease yourself back into it - just put one on next nappy change and change it again after an hour.

Alternatively, pour Ribena all over the current disposables and sling them in the bin. Now you have no choice, out with the Motherease!

Paddlechick666 Sun 18-Feb-07 10:04:18

lol @ the ribena!

think i'll put some effort into getting organised later. need to find/wash/disinfect nappy bin and move nappies from hidden away in drawer to shelf of airing cupboard.

going to tesco shortly, first step has been to cross "nappies" off the list!

thanks ;-)

Bucketsofdynomite Sun 18-Feb-07 13:40:55

How about just using them at home? Start with a night nappy. I use disps when I'm out and about as they're lighter and quicker in an awkward situation.

Paddlechick666 Sun 18-Feb-07 15:34:19

right well, i tried!

she's grown out of the medium wrap and screamed her head off! need to go into lofts for next size up then will try again.

she wasn't overly impressed with the cloth nappy i left on for a while without the wrap.

and that's on the last poppers too - eek! she is 14kg now i think!

but the nappies are in the airing cupboard and the nappy bin is washed and ready to go.

so, progress!

makesachange Mon 19-Feb-07 17:37:27

How are you getting on?

Paddlechick666 Mon 19-Feb-07 20:44:07

well, i washed the wraps today so we're all good to go!

mind you, today's poo has struck the fear of god into me! it's either as sticky as glue or runny as something very runny!

have decided to switch to white bread and cut down on the dried fruit to see if there's an improvement.

we're out all day tomorrow but think will start her off in a cloth until we leave.

weds we're around most of the day so will have another go then.

thanks for asking!

Paddlechick666 Tue 20-Feb-07 08:17:07

well, dd is in her first cloth nappy for several months this morning!

she whinged a bit and pulled at it when it first went on but she seems to have settled down a bit now.

i am dreading the first pooh tho

Flamesparrow Tue 20-Feb-07 09:28:31

It'll be fiiiiiiiiiiine

Paddlechick666 Tue 20-Feb-07 09:55:04

lol! first poo of the day EEEK!

very sticky and i had a right drama trying to get it off the lining into the loo.

ah well, that's 2 disposables I've saved today already!

makesachange Tue 20-Feb-07 16:47:33

That's the way to think of it

Flamesparrow Wed 21-Feb-07 08:34:50

This should renew your enthusiasm... DS is in disps for a few days (oodles of reasons) - left him playing with his sister to come back and find him with an undone nappy in his sleepsuit, poo all down the legs, up his stomach, everywhere... that would never have happened with his cloth!

So, you are dealin with poo, but it is contained poo

Paddlechick666 Wed 21-Feb-07 08:38:28

well that is true!

and the cloth even contained yesterday arvo's explosive poo - which normally hits the legs of her vest.

and last night after her bath she figured out the tab on the disposable so I think she'll be going for the houdini award soon too!

hope ds isn't too smelly for you today LOL.

do you guys soak your nappies before washing? i've never had them so thoroughly coated in poo before!

Flamesparrow Wed 21-Feb-07 08:49:58

I soak when they are that evil sticky poo

Paddlechick666 Wed 21-Feb-07 09:52:19

this child is driving me mental.

Paddlechick666 Wed 21-Feb-07 09:53:18

oops, wrong thread LOL.

mind you, she is driving me nuts! just this minute changed into disp as we're going out and she poos!!!!

makesachange Wed 21-Feb-07 17:29:12

Hahaha isn't it always the way! She's telling you to use cloth haha.

I don't always soak (unless it's really nasty) but a reeeally useful tip is to use a nappy bucket mesh. When you're ready to wash, pull the drawstring closed, tip excess water into the loo, then OPEN the drawstring and pop the whole lot into the machine. The nappies will fall out in the machine.

If you've not got one, get one!

Emma

Paddlechick666 Wed 21-Feb-07 17:39:30

ooh thanks for that.

i actually have got one put i thought you put the nappies in it then washed them - it never really worked so i stopped using it!

what a pillock!

now I know!

thanks

makesachange Wed 21-Feb-07 17:42:31

Going to leave the office and go home now with a grin on my face!!!

Glad to have clarified that

Emma

Paddlechick666 Wed 21-Feb-07 17:50:56

happy to have sent you home with a smile!

MumsNet eh! What would we do without it!!

Flamesparrow Wed 21-Feb-07 20:31:12

sorry, but big @ that too!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now