Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nappi-nippas

(6 Posts)
CatWithKittens Mon 12-Dec-16 11:23:30

I was not a fan of these until the summer when we went to stay with my sister and we managed to leave DS3's 75cm terry night nappy and pins at home - don't ask me how; DH packed the car and left a bag in the hall. Sister only had the normal sized 60cm nappies and nappi-nippas to offer. DS3 is nearly 5 and chunky so while the nappies - we used two - went round him, the nippa was struggling. DH redeemed himself by suggesting that instead of using one in the middle, as recommended, we should use two, with the long arms going to the legs and waists at each side and the short arms coming to the middle. I would really recommend trying this for anybody using a terry nappy on a child old enough to walk. The nappy stays up much better than either with pins or just one nippa and having seen it done my sister adopted it for her son too. This last few days DS3 has had a really bad tummy upset with really explosive diarrhoea - sorry if TMI - and I have put him back into a nappy in the day as well. The 2 nappi nippas used like this have held his nappy in place really well and have turned it into a poo-catcher which has been much more effective than I remember with pins. (I wish I could say the same about the nappy liners which, even using two or three together, have still left rather gross nappies - thank Heaven for automatic washing machines.)

CharlotteL789 Fri 16-Dec-16 13:39:11

I can never get those nippa things to stay in place so I use pins

MrsPCR Tue 20-Dec-16 22:01:35

Have you got a picture please? I can't visualise how you mean!

RandomMess Tue 20-Dec-16 22:04:31

You need to stretch your nippas to get them to stay in place!

CatWithKittens Wed 21-Dec-16 13:00:06

I hope this helps - Teddy has actually been potty trained for a long time but he was prepared to co-operate.

CatWithKittens Sun 08-Jan-17 11:30:16

As a postscript I have realised how useful these are to hold up a bath towel round me after a bath - instead of rolling it round and tucking it in I just nippa it across above my breasts now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now